Ford Mustang Forums banner

95 getting 351w/427, whats best for front accessories

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dgrobels 
#1 ·
I have a nice little start going with building a 351w/427 to put into a 95. I'm at a point that I need some experienced input. Any help is appreciated. I'd like to pull the original motor, and leave it complete/ dressed, and just purchase the needed stuff new.
Is it best to use the fox accessories/ brackets. It seems fox stuff is much more available.
I plan on running- water pump, alternator, power steering, A.C....
I have not yet ordered the timing cover. I know the fox and the 95 are different, and water pumps are different.
I'd like if there is a kit that will work, like LMR has,(fox kit)... Will this work?
Getting this decision out of the way can let me see what my next hurdle is. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I would reuse the 94/95 stuff personally. I think it looks better than the fox stuff and its shorter. Also, all of the sn95 stuff just bolts to the 351w. With fox stuff one of the brackets is specific to the 351w but I dont remember which bracket it is. It also pushes the waterpump forward so clearance is really tight up there with an electric van. Whichever you choose you will need the appropriate timing cover. They are different. You can get aftermarket ones for a 5.0 explorer which is essentially the same as the sn95 mustang cover.

#3 ·
Ok. I've decided to stick with the oe brackets and accessory locations. Its seems this is the best and easiest route.
The next thing on the list is to choose a flexplate. I'm planning on using the current AODE tranny with this 351w. It is internally balanced. It seem the 164t is needed, but do I need to know what tourqe converter will be used, in order to choose flexplate? I think the TCI Flexplates #529625 will work. Any additional info I should be aware of?

#4 ·
I'm running a 427w in my fox with a AOD. I used a converter off eBay supposed to be 2400-2800 and is only about stock. I wish I would've went with a 408 and be able to rev it more. Mine made max power at 6000rpms
Cam is a trick flow 242 248 @050 595 595 with cnc heads.
I would sell the motor if someone wanted it. Mine is all forged internally balanced from coast high performance. It's a torque monster and pulls hard. I just like screaming the 302-347 to 7500rpms
Motor is brand new less than 500 miles. $6000 complete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.