Ford Mustang Forums banner

new seat delete

4K views 58 replies 25 participants last post by  sheffy 
#1 ·
i got the rear seat delete finished. what do you guys think?

See less See more
#32 ·
hahaha!

first off im not 17 and my car is not exactly slow... you guys have a one track mind when it comes to cars seriously. i dont race the car I just like to cruise with it and why would I want a honda?? im a mustang guy... seriously if i didnt post the pictures of the car with the lights on you stupid F**ks would still slam the car because its not a "racecar" or its not lowered or im not shooting Nitrous lol I get it people dont all like neon lights but seeing that I take the car to shows to show it off I think it looks good and im happy with it. I appreciate the comments because it makes me laugh. Some like it some dont it is your opinion

#37 ·
this all take me back to about 10 years ago. i bought an explorer and wanted to be "big pimpin", i installed 3 10" JL subs, couple of amps, a bunch of neon lights, a flip out monitor, and i built a custom enclosure for a......wait for it......SEGA DREAMCAST!!! :rofl: i had everything back lit, and it was really pretty neat. the "truck" also had crome brush guards, and was on 18"s with 33" tires. kinda a mix of a lot of styles, but that is always how i have been. this vehicle was great for road trips.

the issue is that the "off road" guys gave me crap about my exploder. i also had a cj-7, so i left the off roading to that. the "tuner" guys liked the interior mods, the "speed" people wouldn't bother looking at anything that wasn't fast....even though with the 5.0 and 4wd i could jump on most people.

now fast forward to my current vehicle. 1994 mustang. i have gone so many different directions with this, gutted, full trim + subs+lights, 306 w/N20, and Fobra package, big goofy spoiler at one point, and now i have a 408 carbed, no spoiler, interior lights, single sub, with "race style" switch panels used to control all the items that used to be controled by all the factory wiring that i have removed. i have gotten crap from everyone for everything, but i could care less. this car is just south of 3,200 lbs and i hope to squeeze a few sub 12 sec runs with it. I have cut up, removed, modified, and done so many things that most people would never consider doing. i have a big cowl hood, 18" wheels, 5.0 badges even though it's 6.7! i could care less. i like it, i pay the bills. end of discussion.

i need/will be shooting some new summer" pics soon!

bottom line do what you enjoy, and only post with your flame suit fully intact.

#39 ·
The seat delete looks better than 90% of the ******* hack jobs on this site. Don't listen to the yahoos, do what you want to your car.

#42 ·
I agree 100% do what you want.

BUT when you post it on a public forum and ask for opinions and get flamed, don't get all butthurt and take your ball and go home.......
This is where it matters. You can provide constructive criticism without blatant name calling, flaming, etc..

Perfect example was a recent thread in the body shop section where a guy just painted his Mustang. I thought it was an overall great job, but I commented on his cowl hood and simply said "different colored hoods are not my thing, but great job otherwise"

#43 ·
This is where it matters. You can provide constructive criticism without blatant name calling, flaming, etc..

Perfect example was a recent thread in the body shop section where a guy just painted his Mustang. I thought it was an overall great job, but I commented on his cowl hood and simply said "different colored hoods are not my thing, but great job otherwise"
Stop crying, its just the internet. Life gets alot harder than some screen name on a message board not liking what you do to your car.

#40 ·

its about time people are giving credit for a job well done... I am considering moving the amp once I decide what the hell to do with the trunk area.any ideas?? im thinking maybe putting the amp under a cut out "5.0" in the spare tirewell. Anyway i appreciate those who have a well rounded appreciation for cars so to you guys thanks!

#54 · (Edited)
E-thuggery and name calling aside, there's at least a concensus that:

1. The rear seat delete does look nice.
2. The amp needs to be hidden inside the trunk.
3. Lose the neons, especially the ones on the undercarriage.

Even the neons inside the trunk would be very distracting when driving at night time. If the OP still wants to illuminate the pony in his RSD, he could opt for softer blue lighting that's easier on the eyes.

#56 ·
so anyway OP, If you don't mind sending me a Pm with your measurement dimensions of your home-made rear seat delete, it would be greatly appreciated!!
.....as well as what materials you used and where anyone can purchase this stuff.........unless you just want to sell us a precut kit or something? I'm all for something that is a LOT more reasonably priced than whats available out there right now for $75 and up.

#59 ·
yuppppp

absolutely there is room under the seat delete to put and amp. The front edge of it has a 3" lip that is screwed down so the "seat" portion actually sits higher than the original seat. In fact my amp used to sit under it until I finished it all off. As far as making the actual pieces just get big pieces of cardboard and cut and fit them and take time doing so or else when you cut them out of wood they wont fit right.. trust me its really really easy to do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.