Ford Mustang Forums banner

Notch goes 140 mph! On stock bottom end LS1 /w little jets today with a 4000 DA!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  eleanorfox 
#1 · (Edited)
Well im still sitting here in disbelief....If you arent familar with the car ,this is on a bone stock 98' 88k mile 5.7l LS1 shortblock,

-stock casting 5.3l heads, EFI /w stock LS1 PCM, moderate camshaft (233/239), Victor JR EFI intake /w sheetmetal elbow /w 90mm throttle body, 28" M&H Slicks, 3.73 gear, th350 /w EDGE custom converter (stalls around 3k on footbrake)

I ran my car friday in the 102 degree heat and went 10.07 @ 134.9 mph...with a pretty weak 1.6 60ft leaving off idle and standing on it.

I didnt race qualifying yesterday and left my car out there in a friends pit. I showed up out there about noon today, since I didnt qualify I wasnt on the ladder to race. But they let me make a single pass even though they werent doing a open/test lane...

I put the 100 rwhp jets (125hp flywheel) in the single NX fogger. I figured ill crack off a sure thing 9 second pass and get kicked out since car isnt certed in the 9's yet.

Weather was 103 degrees, 130+ deg track temp...another horrible slow, 4000 Density Altitude day. Most faster cars were off 3-4 tenths due to greasy hot track and crazy hot.

Results:

Left on the WOT switch hard as I could , Car spun REALLY HARD for about 75 ft, peddled/got out of it and short shifted 2nd gear and it hooked up and it just TRAINED out the back door to a 141mph! It actually went a tenth slower than the pass on friday at the 1/8th mile...so this thing has some mid-low 9's in it when I work out the suspension to leave on the t-brake /w spray (needs to go 1.3 60 foots)

Sad part....since it spun horrible and wasnt really a clean pass. It went 10.01 @ 140.2.... I was like "Are you kidding me! Im cursed to not click off a 9'sec pass in this car"

This corrects to a 9.67 @ 146 and I think its got a 9.30-9.50 in it with no changes on a great winter day in the coming months (dec/jan) and more mph because I feel it wasnt nearly as clean of a pass as it could have been...Also I plan to up the jets another 50hp after I get a couple more passes in and get the car hooking hard.

Car was about 2760 race weight /w bottle/lines/brackets etc in the car.

Timeslip (which ill scan and upload tommorrow at work):

60ft - 1.617
330 - 4.326
1/8 - 6.522
mph - 112.21
1000 - 8.411
1/4 - 10.014
mph - 140.20

See less See more
#4 ·
Just as a note....im running the car again for first time on saturday...

LOTS of changes since last time out. Hoping for 9.40's this time out and the stock bottom end LS1 ET record (I think ive got the mph record at 140+)

#8 ·
Factory as cast 5.3l heads, stock rocker arms and lifters.

Car is certed to 8.50, 10-pt moly 1-5/8" cage.

No races coming up locally for several months after tomorrow.

Hoping for the one last hurrah' tomorrow on the stock short' then im swapping to a simple forged 346" motor with some our stg 2.5 CNC 5.3l heads, smaller blower cam, ported FAST 92mm intake and a Procharger LSx Cog Drive F2 kit ive had sitting in the box for it. Ive also got to get it in paint shop /w parachute-sheetmetal wing etc in a couple weeks.

I'd really like to run 8.50's in the car on unleaded /w meth within a few months. Just got new tags for it! so time to start driving it on the street while the track is closed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.