1990 5.0 f150 mod q's - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-19-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
1990 5.0 f150 mod q's

I have gt40p heads and mac gt40p headers for a mustang. Will the haders fit the truck? If not which ones will? Can I run a mustang ho cam in it? Can I use my gt40 upper and lower intake with 65mm throttle body? I have a computer for a lincoln mark 7, will it work? Can I convert it to mass air? Do they make h or x pipes for these trucks? Thanks, patrick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

Trader Feedback: (146)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatchrick
I have gt40p heads and mac gt40p headers for a mustang. Will the haders fit the truck? If not which ones will? Can I run a mustang ho cam in it? Can I use my gt40 upper and lower intake with 65mm throttle body? I have a computer for a lincoln mark 7, will it work? Can I convert it to mass air? Do they make h or x pipes for these trucks? Thanks, patrick.
Ok , lets go 1 question at a time .

1. headers will fit the engine but you will have to use a custom y pipe to fit up to it . Or you can buy a set for the F150 thats a shorty from JBA , Gibson , Flowtech and MAC might still have some old stock as well .
2. the cam is a different firing order so it will not work with the stock computer
3. you can use the Gt40 intake but the air cleaner will have to be relocated to the passenger side , you are also going to have to use a fox body v8 throttle cable
4. I don't think the computer will work , you are better off using a fox body engine harness and an A9L or similiar computer . Then you can use the HO cam or any 5.0 Mustang roller cam .
5. You can have a custom exhaust made for it but no one makes it off the shelf for your truck .

post #3 of 9 Old 07-21-2006, 02:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource
2. the cam is a different firing order so it will not work with the stock computer
mind if I ask what the issues are where the truck can't handle the firing order for that cam? The older stuff is a batch fire set up isn't it? Does the injectors still not fire right or cause issues?

Last edited by Jamie; 07-21-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
mind if I ask what the issues are where the truck can't handle the firing order for that cam? The older stuff is a batch fire set up isn't it? Does the injectors still not fire right or cause issues?
They will run on the HO firing order but like crap . The 351W used the same firing order so they are ok with an HO cam . If he used the Mustang computer and harness , he's ok as well.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-21-2006, 08:42 PM

I thought you could re-route the wires to the injectors to compensate for the different firing order.

94 Cobra intake-3.73's-K&N-14* timing-MSD coil-IMCO mufflers-MAC offroad H-ASP pullies-BBK shorties-Eibach springs-GT40P heads.
------------------------------------------------
87 LX hatch 351w-stealth intake-750 carb-TCI 2500 stall convertor-X pipe-Flows-3.73's-Comp cams .512"/.512" camshaft.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned Alleged Scammer

We've tried that before with non ho motors in the mustangs and they don't run the same .
post #7 of 9 Old 07-22-2006, 01:19 PM

How do they run like crap? That is a rather vague answer to my question. I was wondering exactly what the issues are with them?
post #8 of 9 Old 07-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Banned Alleged Scammer

They load up and very little throttle responce .
post #9 of 9 Old 07-22-2006, 07:54 PM

Thank You for answering the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement