Originally Posted by Snatchrick
I have gt40p heads and mac gt40p headers for a mustang. Will the haders fit the truck? If not which ones will? Can I run a mustang ho cam in it? Can I use my gt40 upper and lower intake with 65mm throttle body? I have a computer for a lincoln mark 7, will it work? Can I convert it to mass air? Do they make h or x pipes for these trucks? Thanks, patrick.
Ok , lets go 1 question at a time .
1. headers will fit the engine but you will have to use a custom y pipe to fit up to it . Or you can buy a set for the F150 thats a shorty from JBA , Gibson , Flowtech and MAC might still have some old stock as well .
2. the cam is a different firing order so it will not work with the stock computer
3. you can use the Gt40 intake but the air cleaner will have to be relocated to the passenger side , you are also going to have to use a fox body v8 throttle cable
4. I don't think the computer will work , you are better off using a fox body engine harness and an A9L or similiar computer . Then you can use the HO cam or any 5.0 Mustang roller cam .
5. You can have a custom exhaust made for it but no one makes it off the shelf for your truck .