post #1 of 15 Old 11-20-2005, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
lets talk mass air

I am looking for infor about mass air flow conversion

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-21-2005, 07:04 PM

buy an engine and computer harness from a 90-93 mustang, and a computer.

post #3 of 15 Old 11-22-2005, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew b
buy an engine and computer harness from a 90-93 mustang, and a computer.
Hows he going to control the E4od tranny with that setup?

95 Lightning-13.957 at 94.89mph
AFR185s,Comp XE264HR-14 cam,GT40 intake,Pickrel performance Exhaust,Factory tech valvebody,TwEECer RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-22-2005, 10:49 PM

1995 Bronco, computer p/n: F5TE-12A650-BYA (BIO0). It's also supported with Tweecer.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM

i have the downs ford mass air conversion kit i just took off my truck, went with a fast, i'll sell it if your interested, it has wiring harness, computer, injectors, and mass air meter. Pm me if interested
post #6 of 15 Old 11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
US Army Active Duty

Trader Feedback: (34)
Another option, IST makes one...www.mass-air.com

It's pretty costly though, but they do have the standalone tranny controller if you wanted to use the Mustang EEC.

I'm personally probably gonna go with the B1O0 route when I do my conversion on my truck. Gotta get the 'stang finished first though....

Last edited by SVTCobra347; 11-23-2005 at 03:34 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-25-2005, 05:00 PM

Or you can build your own setup like Pro-M used to sell and use an A9L to control the engine and the stock L computer to control the transmission. This is the setup I am currently working on for my truck.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Mass Air Kits

Sorry to hijack your thread guys - thought I would share some experience with the Ford Motorsport Mass Air kit - s/b same as Downs Ford kit. I have had recurring problems with the conversion wiring loom at the connector to vehicle harness. Which was bad enough for FMS to offer to refund my money - expect I would have to pay double to get a different version. I just fix the harness every so ofen. Driveability was horrible till custom chip developed with road testing with tuner. I am running a supercharger @ 10#, Edelbrock RPM heads, Trick Flow R intake, 75mm TB, 30 lb inj & FMU, 216/222 & .512/.522 cam, 1 5/8 shortys, bassni x-pipe and custom exhaust. I had the mass air meter re-calbrated by Pro-M (they were still in business back then). There is not much out there that's inexpense now! If the quality of the wiring harness has improved on the FMS/Downs kit then it with a custom chip would work well. I started down the path with using a 9AL for engine management - but lost interest. I never picked up much gas mileage by going to mass air - 13/14 in town, 16 hwy, but truck runs mid twelves @ 109/110 mph on street tires and lowered suspension so who's complaining.
Just thought I would share my thoughts - in this case if you could pick a used kit it may be worth it.

Mike Miller
post #9 of 15 Old 11-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Here's a speed density to mass-air conversion article:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...sion/index.php

2007 Audi A4 Quattro S-Line

1967 Mustang - Supercharged blow-thru carbed 331
post #10 of 15 Old 11-30-2005, 07:22 PM

What kind of mods do you have that you will need mass air for? Many Lightning owners have been able to tune the stock speed density setup with a tweecer for all types of mods.

post #11 of 15 Old 12-01-2005, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67stang
Here's a speed density to mass-air conversion article:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...sion/index.php
Fantastic link!

I've done a lot of research on the different routes to a MA conversion myself for my Bronco.

The article in that link is perhaps the best at giving total info. Its certainly in the top 2 or 3 webpages available giving so much info. Really good.

Plus, and very important.........it gives the links to the two top sites for this info to begin with.

I will be doing my conversion within weeks. Can't wait because I'm also stepping up to 30# injectors and my little hotrod engine is going to finally realize its potential in its current 357 ci configuration that is.

I actually got a deal on a Pro-M Lightning conversion kit using an A3M1 EEC, so I'll give that a try first.

I'm also gathering parts to do a BIO0 conversion if I get tired of having two EEC's on board. Though, I have been told by many that the performance and especially 60 ft performance will be hard to touch. The old Pro M conversion is still considered the best by many if concerned about 1320 performance. Though I've also been told it is possible to tune the BIO0 to have the same tables and curve, but you have to have the right software. What ever that might be I'm not sure.

Can't wait to see how my fresh 357 likes having an EEC that now knows how much more air is really going into this baby with my Topline heads, and also having the right injectors to keep up.
post #12 of 15 Old 12-02-2005, 06:50 PM

TwEECer software works on the BIO0 computers. www.tweecer.com They have support forums, as well. http://eectuning.org/forums/
post #13 of 15 Old 12-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
We have an article on doing a mass air upgrade to a Gen 1 Lightning on our websuite in Tech - see sig

95 Lightning - Slow
95 Convertible 357 turbo
10.5/135 @ 3800#
SCT Tuned

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 15 Old 12-04-2005, 02:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
if you used a a9l 0r a9p stang computer all youd need for the tranny is a stand alone comp like the one at www.becontrols.com i have one in my 94 stang and it is great!!!

94 gt auto becontrolls.com stand alone tranny computer,3000 stall,trannsgo shift kit,3.90s,31 moser axles, qa1 k-member,kb frame ties,mega bite lowers,comp extreme 270-276 dur .544 lift,#24 injecters,pro-m bullit meter,mac cai,pih kit,and all the little bolt ons
post #15 of 15 Old 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM

The only reason you would need to change to mass air would be because of a camshaft.

The only lightning owner I would recommend converting to mass air would be a turbo motor. (only if a stand alone wasn't an option)

Gen 1 lightnings aren't like mustangs. You don't swap right to mass air. If you want to go fast in a gen 1 stay Speed Density. If you are going to do the Mass Air any way the only one to consider is the Pro M.

Jamie V

Sponsored Links
Advertisement