who sells gen 1 performance parts? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-17-2005, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
who sells gen 1 performance parts?

Hey guys, i'm thinking about picking up a gen 1 lightning as a daily driver. i'm having trouble finding someone who sells performance parts for the gen 1. i'm looking for catbacks, intake, programer, maybe nitrous.

thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-17-2005, 07:13 AM

Exhaust-Bassani makes a few catback setups(They also sell cats and shorty headers) and Pickrel performance makes Longtube back custom setups he has quite a few setups and can make pretty much anything you want.

Intake-They come with the Tubular style GT40 stock so they're good there.

Programer-EEC tuners,Tweecer,and Superchips custom tuner all work with the stock eec.There are also a few companys that make chips.

Nitrous-Every major n2o company makes a kit that'll work on a stock gen1

95 Lightning-13.957 at 94.89mph
AFR185s,Comp XE264HR-14 cam,GT40 intake,Pickrel performance Exhaust,Factory tech valvebody,TwEECer RT

Last edited by Matt95L; 11-17-2005 at 07:18 AM.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Lightningforceperformance.com
ask for Mark
Some of the best customer service you'll ever see.

Chickenears.com
I think they sell gen 1 parts and have excellent customer service as well

2004 Pontiac GTO heads/cam/intake
1993 calypso green coupe -sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 7dustrox; 11-20-2005 at 03:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-20-2005, 07:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Except for exhaust, tranny and cold air intake, most of the 87-93 mustang parts will work such as markVIII fan, underdrive pulleys, Heads, roller rockers, valve covers, cams for Speed Density(if you have a roller block) NOS kits, tweecer, etc...

Good Luck,
David

95 Lightning-Black #772
Edelbrock Heads / FMS 1.72 RR's
5.0 roller conversion-2* advanced
Bassani headers / x-pipe / side exit catback
MSD 6al / timing control / coil / wires / cap
ASP underdrives & smog pump delete
Modine 2" radiator / Dual efans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
its hard to beat the stock gt40 intake. i would leave that alone and buy a stall convertor instead

Looking for Fox body Fairmont, Zephyr, Cougar, LTD, Marquis or Granada wagon
post #6 of 9 Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
new first gen owner also. want to know the best bolt-ons to start off with(headers,exhaust, pullies, cai, trans work, stall,etc.) not wanting to do nitrous or supercharging yet just the basics. what size tb does these things come with. thanks.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-13-2005, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk93
new first gen owner also. want to know the best bolt-ons to start off with(headers,exhaust, pullies, cai, trans work, stall,etc.) not wanting to do nitrous or supercharging yet just the basics. what size tb does these things come with. thanks.
You can use almost all that are in my sig, except heads. The best bang for the buck is by far the pullies(87-93 5.0HO) and an electric fan(get a used lincoln Mark VIII or 94 up mustang 5.0). I would also bump the timing up to 14-16* which is free!
Another free mod is whats called the snubber trick, which stops the wheel hopping. Just remove the snubber off of the traction bars and space them up using washers until they are just before touching the spring and install whatever length bolt is needed.
There are several options for AIR...Get a 460 or diesel inlet air pipe to your air box and run a K&N drop in, about 50.00, K&N FIPK(sp), which bolts to the inlet pipe in place of the air box(what I have currently), about 100.00 or a Pickerel Performance CAI, about 180.00.
To make the tranny shift firm, you will want a Factory Tech Accumulator Valve Body. Caution, only use this if you want the tires to screech when shifting to 1-2 and 2-3 and don't mind a real firm shift while cruising. There is other companies that make them but none are better. The other option is a B&M shift kit(not the cheap one..80.00 or so). From what I hear, they are much softer while cruising and will chirp the tires on the 1-2. I use the Factory Tech, but I did have to get one custom made to be softer while cruising. The 1st one I got would spin the tires about 4' on the 1-2, chirp the tires on the 2-3 and really nice and firm on the 3-4. With you having a 93, I would deff. go with the FT as the tranny are weaker in the 93's.
For a stall, the most cost effective one is the Art Carr, which I think runs around 500.00. Most gen 1 owners run around 2400-2800 stall in these trucks.
They come with a 65mm TB which is plenty until running a stroker or big boost applications. The stock injector size is 19lbs, which is good unless running a stroker or SC. Stock fuel pumps are 110lph which is plenty too until later, then you can do a 2 pump trick or an inline.

David

95 Lightning-Black #772

post #8 of 9 Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
thanks dude!! and how do i get in contact with pickerel performance.

Last edited by blk93; 12-14-2005 at 01:02 AM.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-14-2005, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk93
thanks dude!! and how do i get in contact with pickerel performance.
Go to nloc.net , then go to the vendor section. Pickrel Performance is in there. Dave is the owner.

David

95 Lightning-Black #772

Sponsored Links
Advertisement