need some info..I found a lightning for sale - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-09-2005, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 686
need some info..I found a lightning for sale

I found a white lightning for sale.........mileage unknown, but it looks to be in fair condition. The bed has been used to its fullest extent. There is a receiver hitch on it, bed liner, few dings, and scratches on the bed and cab. I crawled under it, found no major looking oil leaks, its got 2 flowmasters mounted sorta vertically instead of flat. Interior looks pretty good.

the asking price is $5,000.

Are there any major problem areas I should be looking at?

Thanks!

C. Focker


its an LX
Cool Focker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Rincon, Ga
Posts: 277
The year and mileage are important here. The 93 trannys are not very good and require upgrading upon rebuilding. The tranny's got better in 94 with the 95's being the best by far. The motors are great and will last 200,000 mls with regular service. Usually the interior last along time as well. I'd check it out thouroughly with a good test drive. You can have Line X sprayed in the bed and that will fix that. The things that have alot to do with price and worth on the Gen 1 L's are options like centerseat(option in 94, standard in 95), auto dimming mirror, CD player, electric mirrors and etc...

David


95 Lightning-Black #772
Edelbrock Heads / FMS 1.72 RR's
5.0 roller conversion-2* advanced
Bassani headers / x-pipe / side exit catback
MSD 6al / timing control / coil / wires / cap
ASP underdrives & smog pump delete
Modine 2" radiator / Dual efans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 06-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Registered User
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 237
mileage unknown??????? Does it not work........ Since they are digital odometers..... I would really be scared to buy that besides $$$$ 5,000 bucks for a well used lightning and how bad is the bed of the truck. Ask what the seller hauled in the truck??? i would never buy it if the seller hauled really heavy stuff (like wood, blocks, bricks u kno!!!!!) it just wears out a standard f150. exspeacially the transmissin and all lightning owners kno of trans problems from time to time with 93-95 lightnings. My 94 lightning goes into shifting into limp mode every now and then. So be careful


Hope that helps contact if any more ??????

Scooter
scootro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered User
 
FATTYTHELEGEND93 SVT's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (59)
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,578
Thumbs up

i woulld look arround a little more . like check ebayy and local car dealer or personal ads. i looked at alot of abused lightnings for sale and some really nices ones. my goal was to find a stock factory truck with no mods . i really didnt want to buy some one else peice of junk or lost project and end up ripping my pocket off to keep it running. i ended up getting a 93 red lightning with just under 60 k on the truck with a aftermarket waranty on the drive train(36month).i got the whole deal for $10,500.00. that was 4 yrs ago .since then the aftermarket waranty has paid for a total transmission upgrade and rebuild. along with a complete rear end assembly and i upgraded the gear ratio to 373s.along with water pump. i would have the owner take you for a long ride in the truck , have him do a couple burn outs or race the truck arround on the highway. also check for drive train noises , and sit in the drivers seat hold the brake and tap on the gas listen for noises and see if the body mounts are still good and bushings all arround . also whild driving the truck listen for rearend humm. make sure your really not getting taken for your money 5 grand is alot money to just throw arround . i got a really good deal on my truck. and theres more great deals out there only reason the parts had to be replaced on my truck is because there a loose nut behind the wheel (lol). best time so far in the truck is14.5 im gonna install a supercharger kit and hopefully ill brake 12s. good luck i hope my expierience will help you out 1993 red svt lightning exhaust, 373s, stage 2 trans/1993 svt cobra t56 6 spd 410 gears v2 vortech sc kit with powercooler (170hpgain) and still under construction.chasin 10 second bracket

Last edited by FATTYTHELEGEND93 SVT; 06-10-2005 at 11:40 AM.
FATTYTHELEGEND93 SVT is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 06-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Registered User
 
nastynotchback1's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (11)
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTYTHELEGEND93 SVT
i woulld look arround a little more . like check ebayy and local car dealer or personal ads. i looked at alot of abused lightnings for sale and some really nices ones. my goal was to find a stock factory truck with no mods . i really didnt want to buy some one else peice of junk or lost project and end up ripping my pocket off to keep it running. i ended up getting a 93 red lightning with just under 60 k on the truck with a aftermarket waranty on the drive train(36month).i got the whole deal for $10,500.00. that was 4 yrs ago .since then the aftermarket waranty has paid for a total transmission upgrade and rebuild. along with a complete rear end assembly and i upgraded the gear ratio to 373s.along with water pump. i would have the owner take you for a long ride in the truck , have him do a couple burn outs or race the truck arround on the highway. also check for drive train noises , and sit in the drivers seat hold the brake and tap on the gas listen for noises and see if the body mounts are still good and bushings all arround . also whild driving the truck listen for rearend humm. make sure your really not getting taken for your money 5 grand is alot money to just throw arround . i got a really good deal on my truck. and theres more great deals out there only reason the parts had to be replaced on my truck is because there a loose nut behind the wheel (lol). best time so far in the truck is14.5 im gonna install a supercharger kit and hopefully ill brake 12s. good luck i hope my expierience will help you out 1993 red svt lightning exhaust, 373s, stage 2 trans/1993 svt cobra t56 6 spd 410 gears v2 vortech sc kit with powercooler (170hpgain) and still under construction.chasin 10 second bracket
let me get this straight.you call 3.73 in a 1st gen lightning an upgrade.they came with 4.10's so i would say down grade.

81 coupe S/W#7(SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
90 hatchback S/S#20
94 WHITE LIGHTNING
nastynotchback1 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 06-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hiram, Ga. USA
Posts: 175
Lightnings for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Focker
I found a white lightning for sale.........mileage unknown, but it looks to be in fair condition. The bed has been used to its fullest extent. There is a receiver hitch on it, bed liner, few dings, and scratches on the bed and cab. I crawled under it, found no major looking oil leaks, its got 2 flowmasters mounted sorta vertically instead of flat. Interior looks pretty good.

the asking price is $5,000.

Are there any major problem areas I should be looking at?

Thanks!

C. Focker
Look here also: www.nloc.net
DJ96GT is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 75
i have a nice white 95 you can buy. Everything is in the signature. Oil was changed every 2500 t0 3000 miles, also the truck has a good intersting history behind it and has a perfect car fax to boot. Pm me if you want more detail
PurpleHaze98 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (8)
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: kalamazoo Michigan
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynotchback1
let me get this straight.you call 3.73 in a 1st gen lightning an upgrade.they came with 4.10's so i would say down grade.
He said he has a T56 6spd. 6spd + 3:73= win. 6spd+4:10=bad combo.

1969 pontiac GTO/ stock show car
93_5.0 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 07-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Rincon, Ga
Posts: 277
Nah, the t56 6 spd is in the cobra no the L. To be totally honest, a 373 is bad with the heavy L's. A 410 or 430 is much better.

Later,
David

95 Lightning-Black #772
Edelbrock Heads / FMS 1.72 RR's
5.0 roller conversion-2* advanced
Bassani headers / x-pipe / side exit catback
MSD 6al / timing control / coil / wires / cap
ASP underdrives & smog pump delete
Modine 2" radiator / Dual efans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome