How can I install dual exhaust on a 1994 F150 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
How can I install dual exhaust on a 1994 F150

I would like to install dual exhaust on a 1994 F150 with a 302 & a auto trans. It currently has the stock exhaust with y pipe and one o2 sensor. I would run true duals with a cat. and muffler on each side. will i need a o2 sensor for both sides or can i use one. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-19-2005, 02:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
The 1st thing I would do is get a set of cheap shorties from a 87-93 mustang to replace those sorry manifolds with. I used Mac equal length, but I would suggest mac unequal length due to the time spent with plugs and boots. They will bolt right up. Then you can run 2.5" pipe for the rest of the system with a set of magnaflows or Hooker Max flos having crossover pipe installed also. Neither have drone in the cab, have very good HP flow / flow ratings and are relatively quiet until you get on it. The 02 sensor will be ok in 1 pipe though.

Good Luck,
David

95 Lightning-Black #772
Edelbrock Heads / FMS 1.72 RR's
5.0 roller conversion-2* advanced
Bassani headers / x-pipe / side exit catback
MSD 6al / timing control / coil / wires / cap
ASP underdrives & smog pump delete
Modine 2" radiator / Dual efans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info! i have a set of stock headers from my 88GT. that i was planning to put on it. i dont want to modify it too much its just has the stock roller motor. the muffler shops i have talked to say they can only put a factory type emission legal exhaust system on it take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2005, 09:54 PM

If I were you I would go with a set of headman headers. They make a set of long tubes for the F-series body style. They are only about $120.00 and from what I hear they work great on a stock or slightly modified truck. Summit Racing part numbers for the Hedman Long Tubes (HED-89270)
post #5 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohn29
I would like to install dual exhaust on a 1994 F150 with a 302 & a auto trans. It currently has the stock exhaust with y pipe and one o2 sensor. I would run true duals with a cat. and muffler on each side. will i need a o2 sensor for both sides or can i use one. thanks
2WD or 4WD?
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2005, 12:15 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
arent the header bolt sizes different? i just got a 95 f150 and the bolt size is 3/8, i know a fox body bolts arent that big
post #7 of 7 Old 03-25-2005, 01:15 AM

I had a set of Flowtech Long tubes on my first truck, a '90 F-150 with a 302 and an auto. The exhaust setup I finally settled on was a true dual system, with 3" pipe from the headers back, an Xpipe custom bent, and Hooker Maxflow mufflers. I was getting it setup to handle BIG power, but found my '93 Lightning instead.

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS, 303 hp 5.3L V8
1997 Ford F150
4.2 V6 ready to go kaboom in style
Looking for just about any 5.4 4v parts for the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement