??? regarding a 94 351 block??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
??? regarding a 94 351 block???

Hello,

I have just removed my motor to have it rebuilt and have a forged crank installed and I noticed a strange looking hole in the intake area(lifter valley???) where the lifters and pushrods are under where the intake is...It is weird shaped(looks like a lake...LOL), rough edges, and in the front of the block towards where the dizzy and water pump are...

My question is; is it supposed to be there or has there been a major catastrophy in my motor in its past, and will it cause problems if it is not supposed to be there...I am thinking it is a drain hole that the last owner made bigger for some odd reason, but I figure I would check here to get an opinion from the pros...I thank you in advance.....

Life sux without your thumb...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Why don't you post it a few more times

91 gt 351
post #3 of 6 Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (23)
Post pictures of the valley. I'm sure the repetative posts were accidental.

Helmut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
Do you want to get the bolt out, or do you want to worry about getting your skirt dirty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-2004, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
yes they were and I will try, the digi cam is actin funny just like this dang computer...

Life sux without your thumb...
post #5 of 6 Old 04-22-2004, 04:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Heres a few pics of my block.Hope they help.

95 Lightning-13.957 at 94.89mph
AFR185s,Comp XE264HR-14 cam,GT40 intake,Pickrel performance Exhaust,Factory tech valvebody,TwEECer RT
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2004, 08:25 AM

Trader Feedback: (44)
Garage
Photos do not show hole?

I can't see the hole in the photos....you described the hole as being toward the distributor (front of motor) but the photos are taken toward rear of motor which obstructs the view?

There should be 2 round holes (.250") in diameter for oil flow.One at front of block (inside lifter valley) and one at the rear.
Both holes should be centered as you look at the block from the front.

If you are referring to the asymmetric shaped holes on the deck of the block (surface the head mounts to)...they are supposed to be there. They are the coolant passage holes. You will see 2 at the front of each deck and two at the rear of each deck. (8 total on motor)

Other than that...I can't see anything in the photos.....try a different angle and use a shop light to brighten up what you are showing.

2014 GHIG GT
Brembo/Recaro/TrackPack
Boss Intake, CAI, TB, X-pipe, Alum Drive shaft, MGW shifter/BMR control arms & mounts....no 1/4 mile times yet...just got it...drove it home stock & immediately began the bolt on's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement