Did Any Lightnings Ever Come WITHOUT Air Conditioning? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-18-2004, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (23)
Question Did Any Lightnings Ever Come WITHOUT Air Conditioning?

I have an AC delete bracket with pulley that I'm not going to use. Seems that nobody with a Mustang can figure out how they would use it. Then I remembered this forum and wonder if any Generation 1 Lightning owners deleted their Air Conditioning.

Helmut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
Do you want to get the bolt out, or do you want to worry about getting your skirt dirty?

Last edited by HELMUT RONER; 04-16-2005 at 08:40 PM. Reason: different host for pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-18-2004, 01:53 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
F4T would signify 94 Truck, its possible that it could be from a regular F-150 and not a lightning. ive never seen or heard of a lightning coming from the factory without A/C

post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2004, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mike. Well, I posted it for sale not too long ago in the Windsor parts forum (sorry for sorta turning this into a for sale ad in a tech forum). Only one possible interest, but the guy owns a Mustang and isn't sure of how to run it in a Fox 5.0. So if any Lightning owners need it you now know where to look. I figure for the few Gen. 1 Lightning owners out there that don't care for creature comforts they could hopefully use this to delete their A/C compressor. I'm completely eliminating everything in my '88 GT except, of course, for the alternator and water pump.

Helmut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
Do you want to get the bolt out, or do you want to worry about getting your skirt dirty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 01:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
interestingly enough i looked at the bracket in my L and while it looks like yours its dated F3. makes me wonder what the difference is. my bracket appears the same as your except where the pulley is bolted on i have the ac compressor bolted there. seems weird they would use a completey different bracket just for that and that it was produced in 94
post #5 of 5 Old 04-16-2005, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post F0TA-3C511-BA / F4TA-3C511-BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gager
interestingly enough i looked at the bracket in my L and while it looks like yours its dated F3. makes me wonder what the difference is. my bracket appears the same as your except where the pulley is bolted on i have the ac compressor bolted there. seems weird they would use a completey different bracket just for that and that it was produced in 94

Three days shy of a year later.......

I had e-mailed Ford Parts Search and according to them it is the power steering bracket for F-series trucks with 5.0 / 5.8L from 1989 through 1996. The idler pulley is removable to be able to install the air conditioning compressor. F4TA-3C511-BA is the same as F0TA-3C511-BA which I found on another truck bracket on Ebay not long ago.

Helmut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement