throttle cable bracket - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2015, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
throttle cable bracket

so i bought this lightning throttle cable bracket from someone but i just dont know what to think about it. it jsut doesnt work right. what you all think about this? my next step will probably be to jsut fabricate a bracket. i know this is an aftermarket EGR spacer and the TB is i believe for a mustang but the bracker jsut doesnt look right

the bracket makes the cable at a awkward angle and im not sure why it would ever need to be like this

i went to the parts store and ordered like 8 different cables all from different years. none of them were the right length and this was the best. it still left the torttle 1/4th open. the anlge of the cable really makes it bind also

the slot for the cable doesnt seem to be the best either. it can easily fall off

what are all your thoughts. is this look like an actual lighting bracket?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-15-2015, 11:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (84)
Here pic of the bracket I was telling you about.

post #3 of 5 Old 09-24-2016, 10:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Kingfish, sorry for the late response. I don't know what your issue is. But the bracket looks just like my Lightning bracket. You realize the cable is on the underneath side of the throttle body? The throttle body mounts where the cable is on the underside. You may know this, if so, sorry.

How is the stroker coming along?

tim

Sorry, just realized the post was from August 2015 not 2016. Thought I was just noticing a month old post. Sorry, you probably figured it out by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-25-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
its sad to see i posted this a year ago yet i finally got it taken care of just last week lol. actually for the stroker i jsut got it fired up for the first time last night. but it wasnt fully assembled and i jsut wanted to see it fire up real quick. super loud with jsut shorty headers. took a short video but realized i since i iddnt have the radiator in, the tranny cooler was spewing atf everywhere

https://www.facebook.com/Kingfish999...8550444211397/

i have pics of the build here if your interested
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/25989/85794
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/25989/85901

as for the throttle cable i abandoned the lightning bracket awhile ago. i got a mustang bracket which didnt work with my my truck cable either. so i ended up fabricating a bracket. also i learned how to modify throttle cables which is pretty easy when you know how to silver solder. i might at some point go back to the mustang bracker and jsut modify the cable but for now my fabricated bracket works
post #5 of 5 Old 09-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
It sounded pretty good. Looking forward to more updates, if not here on FSB.

tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement