94 L.SHORTBLOCK - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-03-2002, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
94 L.SHORTBLOCK

HOW STRONG AND DURIBLE IS THE LIGHTING [94]SHORTBLOCK? THE REASON I ASK IS THAT I WANT TO BUILD A 408 OUT OF IT TO PUT IN MY 90LX ITS GONNA BE CARBED,ANOTHER QUESTION IS WILL A T5 BOLT UP TO A 94 351?WILL THE FLYWHEEL FROM A 302 H.O FIT ON IT?AND WILL THE CLUTCH AND ALL RELATED COMPONETS FIT? I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IM GETTING INTO BEFORE I GO HEAD FIRST INTO IT.IF ANY BODY OUT THERE HAS ALREADY DONE THIS TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND WHAT YOU HAD TO DO TO MAKE IT FIT.THANX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-06-2002, 03:16 PM

i'd also like to know.

89 Black Coupe
93 long block, S-Trim, Cobra Intake, bolt-ons
post #3 of 8 Old 10-30-2002, 09:58 PM

As far as the tranny bolting up, it should-as long as you use the correct bellhousing for that tranny. You will need a 28 oz. flywheel for the tranny, just use the same clutch setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-04-2002, 10:54 PM

Smile

the block are very strong the ones i build i used a main support kit with studs,the flywheel should bolt to the 5.8 crank the engine balance need to be with that flywheel because the 5.8 flywheel weight is different.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-17-2002, 02:24 PM

Question

WHO HAS ON FOR SELL IN VA OR NC?????
[email protected]
post #6 of 8 Old 11-24-2002, 12:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Talking I have one for sale

I have one M-6010-A351 brand new already machined out to 4.020 bore. This is the same block used in the S351 SALEEN and I thought the F-150 Lightning Truck too but not sure on that one. It is rated good to 750HP and up to 427 cu in, also read in a Ford engine book that it has a NASCAR type iron which promotes better ring seal than a standard block casting.. Reply back to my AOL e mail or PM me.

[email protected]
post #7 of 8 Old 12-05-2002, 12:24 AM

Contact Alternative Auto in Michigan or check their web site. They have lots of 351 experience!!!! Lidio little shop of blowers!!!!
post #8 of 8 Old 12-05-2002, 04:16 PM

Re: I have one for sale

Quote:
Originally posted by NXNitrousMustang
I have one M-6010-A351 block. This is the same block used in the S351 SALEEN and I thought the F-150 Lightning Truck too but not sure on that one. It is rated good to 750HP and up to 427 cu in, also read in a Ford engine book that it has a NASCAR type iron which promotes better ring seal than a standard block casting.
[email protected]
This block is NOT the sameone used in the 93-95 Lightning. It is a sportsman block and is better then the stock Lightning block. It has thicker webbing in the mains and is a stronger block. I run mid 11's in my 4200 lb. Lightning if you want to do the math. I have seen some Lightning's run in the 10's with a stock block and mustang's run 9's with a stock Lightning block.(Lidio's yellow mustang)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White 94 Lightning
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement