aftermarket waterpumps for 95 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-24-2002, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question aftermarket waterpumps for 95

I have a 95 Ford bronco with the 5.8L and was woundering if any body know of any aftermarket high flow water pumps and part numbers, i belive the engines are the same - intake and cams. thanks for any help. (i thought they were compatable with the 5.0 but some companys say no, and that there is a differance with older 351 vs newer 5.8L)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-26-2002, 10:54 AM

Some mustang pumps run the opposite direction than the one on the 351s. As far as any difference between old and new 351s, I think it is only the deck heights and push rods, which would have nothing to do with the water pump.
I think Edelbrock makes a pump, but not 100 % sure.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-26-2002, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I talked to Edelbrock and they have part #8840 (for 5.0L 1986-93)and #8843 (for older 351W) but do not list any type for the 5.8L from 1988-95, some say that the 8840 should work and some say the 8843 and still some say neather will work. (Edelbrock said that because there catalog does not list one that the other # wont work)
I was hoping that sombody had sucesfuly used a high performance waterpump on a 93-95 5.8L so when mine goes i can put the new one on with no guess work. thanks for any and all info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-14-2002, 11:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
WP info

It's either Jegs or SummitRacing catalog that lists
pumps specifically for 351's - both the older
V belt type and the newer reverse rotation.

Check the Weiand action plus pump listing.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-14-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks MACX, Weiand sounds like a good choice, i will try to get in touch with them. I hope they know what fits.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-15-2002, 02:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
302 and 351W waterpumps physically interchange, both motors can use the same timing cover, the problem is some 351W waterpumps have the shaft located about 3/4" higher then the 302 pumps. whether the pump on the lightning is like that i do not know. i may be able to find out tomorrow though
post #7 of 7 Old 09-15-2002, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Gager
302 and 351W waterpumps physically interchange, both motors can use the same timing cover, the problem is some 351W waterpumps have the shaft located about 3/4" higher then the 302 pumps. whether the pump on the lightning is like that i do not know. i may be able to find out tomorrow though
Thats what i have always been told but when i call they say they dont have my aplication, and that makes me wonder, i would hate to buy somthing i could not use but i think i might take the chance, i know some of the pumps i looked at/called about had 3/4" longer shaft for Trucks but in the end they said its for a 5.0 Truck. i was hoping sombody had done this so would not be the guinny pig, but then again my water pump is working fine with 95,000+ hard miles. (5.0 and 5.8 can use alot of the same parts and i have a parts interchange but it doesent say much about the water pumps)edit:i looked up the parts a Ford and they were all different too. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by BLK-Merc-MM; 09-15-2002 at 02:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement