How much should a 93-95 Lightning cost me? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-09-2002, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
How much should a 93-95 Lightning cost me?

I have always wanted a Lightning from this body style and now that I have the resources, I am looking for one. I want one with low to moderte miles and in good condition? How much would one be and also where can I find one? They are extremely scarce in this area (deep south TX) and don't know where to get one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-09-2002, 08:39 PM

It's funny, saw one on eBay in the South Texas area a few months ago, really in need of a savior. It looked like a rolling Lund catalog

Low miles are very hard to come by. You can find quite a few around 50K or lower, and depending on mods/condition, can pull around $13-15K. Around 100K, they seem to run for about $10-11K. Over 100K miles, it could be anything.

These engines are just as stronger... even stronger, than 5.0s, and they can handle the mileage with ease. I purchased my '93 with 164K miles on it, for about $5,000, and it had previously had the transmission rebuilt... what a steal. It ran perfectly fine, and now has 190K miles on it. Though I'd never buy a high-miler again... everything falls apart AROUND the engine, but never in it.

Your best bet may just be to lurk around the NLOC for sale board, and wait for a good one to get posted. I lied in wait for 3 months, and it was worth it.

YMMV, prices may vary, mods may varry, results may vary, this is a dramatization.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-10-2002, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Appriciate the help, guess the hunt begins...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-11-2002, 03:38 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
expect to pay for 93-95 lightning from 8,000 to 12,000.... i bought my 94' lightning for 8,500 with 80,000 miles on it. I got lucky in finding the truck by accident with that good of price... good hunting and not get in a hurry buying the lightning is the key
post #5 of 7 Old 08-31-2002, 11:03 PM

Trader Feedback: (26)
Arrow I have one for sale...

FWIW, I have a black '94 for sale. Here's what I have posted over on NLOC....

My black '94 is now for sale. 86k miles. The only thing done to it is a diesel (ram) air tube. That's it, 100% stock otherwise. Has the tube bumber, sliding rear window, Extang soft tonneau, trailer tow package, and keyless entry. Has good BFG Comp T/As all around. Paint is nice, but definately not perfect.....has a few chips and nicks you'd expect from a used truck, and of course the front end took the worst part of the beating as far as stone chips go. It looks good, but it is not a show truck! But it is straight, never hit, and definately has never had any bodywork done. Interior is super super clean, no tears/rips/cig burns on the seats and the carpet looks like new. Bed has scratches and dinges from use.....I hauled stuff in this thing many times.

Mechanically, it's in fine shape. Maintenance that has been done:
- Front brakes: new good-quality rotors, linings, Timken wheel bearings
- Traction-lock differential rebuild just complete
- Front radius arm bushings replaced with polyurethane
- New Gates belt on the front end of the engine
- New battery

Overall it's a nice, clean, uncut truck that could be driven anywhere. Or one that is ready to mod. Not a 100% perfect show truck, but it has been meticulously maintained and it is not ragged out. Got the original window sticker as well as a factory brochure or two to go with it.

Located 30 mintutes east of Richmond, Virginia. I'll be trying to post pics this weekend. Email is: [email protected] or call me at: (804) 966-8169.....and ask for Kevin.

Bottom line is $9500. I will keep it if I can't get that out of it as I'm not in a huge hurry to sell. Figured I'd pop it up here before putting it on Autotrader or in the local papers.

Thanks,
post #6 of 7 Old 09-03-2002, 01:09 PM

I paid 8,000 for mine. It has 74,000 on it.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-03-2002, 01:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
i paid $9200 for mine a little over a year ago. it had right around 80K on it

Looking for Fox body Fairmont, Zephyr, Cougar, LTD, Marquis or Granada wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement