93 lightning .... should i ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Garage
93 lightning .... should i ?

Should i trade this car https://forums.corral.net/forums/memb...-gt-build.html

For this ford lightning?
153k. painted 2 weeks ago... says he replaced the whole front end because the fenders were "crusty", aftermarket hood because it was "bubbly at the seams and "he liked the smooth bumper more".. says no accidents. clean title....who knows... i dont know anything about bodywork... he says there is a hole in the bed from somone torching a bolt but hes going to fix it this week..... i asked about the bumper sagging and he said he hasnt finished adjusting things yet

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0117[1].jpg (114.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0118[1].jpg (144.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0119[1].jpg (48.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0120[1].jpg (71.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0122[1].jpg (140.8 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by spambot; 10-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ive put alot into my car i dont really feel like getting burned.. i have no idea what this truck is worth either.

post #3 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 AM

Depending on how good the body and paint work and what kind of shape the drivetrain and the cleanliness and interior options(bench seat is worth alot more than split buckets)could be anywhere from 3500(half ass paint and body work) to 7500 with that kind of miles(unless its show quality and exceptionally clean,which wont happen in a garage)

dont forget those trucks get 12 mpg downhill with the wind at your back..lol

awesome trucks and they hold value a little better due to the rarity of them, but if it was me id keep the stang especially if yours is clean and rust free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
What is the deal with your car? Bronco trade, now lightning trade. You would be better off to buy a winter beater and put the gt away.

Do you just not like the car enough to keep it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
post #5 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
i dunno my car has 200,000 miles. the paint job is an amateur job even though it looks great from 10 ft theres some orange peel if your looking at it up close. and i dont have a title for it. what do you think my car is worth? i bought tranny on craigslist for it and got ripped off. then i bought one from a junkyard, they never gave me a receipt and said if anything was wrong with it they would take it back. put it in, and it grinds going into 4th. the shocks are beat, the trac lok is gone... it still needs alot of $$$

Last edited by spambot; 10-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 AM

What is the deal with the title?

Without one it isn't worth as much.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
post #7 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
im in nh you dont need a title here.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Ahh, what do you do if someone out of state buys it where a title is needed?

Sent from Canada using Tapatalk 2
post #9 of 13 Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i think you can apply for a title but it takes a while and it costs money.

I told him i don't have a title tonight. he is from maine. He says he doesnt care, as long as u have a registration, bill of sale you can reg. a vehicle made before 1995 in maine with no title. same in nh. i sent him a lot of pictures and a few videos because he is 3 hours away and he says he loves the car... so now its a matter of how much i like his car when we meet up.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
only thing to REALLY worry about is the transmission 93 was different from the 94/95 pretty sure. other than that expect it to outlast your mustang.....there is a handful of guys that have 4-500k miles on the original untouched long block. Bumper sag is VERY common on these trucks.....if your serious then join NLOC.net and search search search until your eyes bleed. there is gobs of useful information on there about our trucks. I can tell you i have had my share of mustangs......I still miss my 85 built gt but I LOVE my L and i dont EVER plan on parting with it.

Mustangs are a dime a dozen but Gen 1 L's get more and more rare every year.

Black 1994 f150 Lightning #425 of 1382
FMS GT40 X305s, FMS SVO power dyne kit, Circle D Valvebody, windstar fans, Mac long tubes into spintechs, Rancho long bars, FMS 4.56s strapped to an Eaton locker and FMS Axle girdle, prothane bushings and shiney wheels
post #11 of 13 Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Also forgot to mention that since your further north then really look at the cab corners i beam and radius arm brackets. your looking for cancerous rust. also check the spring perches. that can be a hell of a job but is do able. find out if he has changed the ibeam and radius arm bushings. if not then that would be my first upgrade along with Russell braided brake lines. the lines will rust where the hose meets the metal fitting. sometimes hidden behind the black boot but they have BLOWN APART and yes thats right no brakes and then you end up having to replace the master cylinder and blah blah. just some piece of mind for your safety and assurance

Black 1994 f150 Lightning #425 of 1382
FMS GT40 X305s, FMS SVO power dyne kit, Circle D Valvebody, windstar fans, Mac long tubes into spintechs, Rancho long bars, FMS 4.56s strapped to an Eaton locker and FMS Axle girdle, prothane bushings and shiney wheels
post #12 of 13 Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
he changed the arms. I got a carfax for it... Original owner got the car in Wakefield ma, owned it until 2011...Must have had a little fun Xmas eve 97' ... apparently it "hit a utility pole" at 39,000 mi. Title is clean But then in 99 it "hit a tree".. but my car showed 2 accidents on carfax as well. It was sold to a honda dealer in lynn,ma sold to auction and found a new owner in nashua NH... Where i happen to live.. small world... That person owned it for 3 months, sold it to the guy I am talking to now.

The guy seems honest about the car and even fixed some of the stuff i asked him to. I've told him about should be done on my car. He says he replaced all the brake lines last year. Says there is no rust on the truck and what rust there was he took care of. Painted the frame while it was apart and all the front end parts are new. I asked about a tranny flush and he didnt know if it was done... car fax shows it was done 3,000 miles before he bought it. everything seems to check out... except there is a hole in the bed from a torch, when the bed was removed.. But he welded in a piece of metal and primered it... I would just plan to rhino line the bed since it needs to be done.. painting it would be nice, but I think the rhino liner is more practical and still looks good. meeting him at noon, I think when I see and hear the car in person I will really know for sure if i want it.
post #13 of 13 Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 AM

With the work you've put in to that mustang, I'd keep it if it were me. You can buy a gen 1 lightning in the future. If need be find another fox chassis roller and transfer everything you did over to that. It's obvious you're more than capable and have the resources. I myself am building my fox chassis Daddywagon and I don't even have a garage.
My Daddywagon - Tacoma World Forums
Wow! Just realized how old this is! I gotta start looking at the dates of these things! Sorry! NVM!

Last edited by nelz; 12-22-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement