1993 lightning mass air - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1993 lightning mass air

Hello i just had a lightning 93 converted to mass air,it has headers a 75mm throttle body 1.7 rockers and electric fan, i put a c&l 76mm mass air sensor on it with 19lb tube reset the comp and it will run perfect for about 1 minite then it run rough reset it again same thing, does anyone know whats wrong or should i just get a pro m checked tps and voltage to the sensor but when it runs rough if i pull the stock sensor off the c&l it will level out anyone? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
id suggest searching on nloc and ask around there......75mm is pretty large for a stock truck. did you port the upper to match the throttle body? how did you convert the truck AKC0 or a9l and trans controller?

Black 1994 f150 Lightning #425 of 1382
FMS GT40 X305s, FMS SVO power dyne kit, Circle D Valvebody, windstar fans, Mac long tubes into spintechs, Rancho long bars, FMS 4.56s strapped to an Eaton locker and FMS Axle girdle, prothane bushings and shiney wheels
post #3 of 7 Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbowers View Post
Hello i just had a lightning 93 converted to mass air,it has headers a 75mm throttle body 1.7 rockers and electric fan, i put a c&l 76mm mass air sensor on it with 19lb tube reset the comp and it will run perfect for about 1 minite then it run rough reset it again same thing, does anyone know whats wrong or should i just get a pro m checked tps and voltage to the sensor but when it runs rough if i pull the stock sensor off the c&l it will level out anyone? thanks
Hi i also converted my 93 5.0L XLT f150 truck, same as the 351 lightning but different suspention and liters lol ......., 73 mm maf is the perfect match but 75 or 76 will work just fine also but first off to resolve ur issues is what kind of harness did u use to convert to mass air flow???? ,.......one problem could be, do u have the map vacume line unpluged completly and vacume line plugged off and u say u unplug the sensor and it straitens out ??? i would say try a different maf sensor i have a 95 mustang maf sensor thats 73mm on the truck never had any problems ,i heard my ford buddies say , the maf sensor make a big difference if u have the sensors crossed between 19 and 24 lb injectors ,so if im correct the gen 1 lightnings was to have 24lb factory injectors ... need more info on what exacly what u done to help u get running but after that i highly reconmend tunning ur computer to compensate for the trucks work load if u dont ur looking into over heating problems from lean fuel to air mixers........

when i first converted my truck i got the aftermarket truck harness that blends with ur existing harness,i only had to switch 4 wires and remove 6 wires and plugged in 10 new wires from the new harness also making it a sfi system witch is very effictent btw new cams and combos love the sfi systems and easy to tune ... back to what i was saying after that u just unplug ur old injector plugs and plug in the new injector plugs and cut into driver side exaust for the second o2 sensor needed...... i used a cumputer from a 89 mustang that was sfi injected and it also works with my AOD trans when i did all that i put an E303 cam in at the same time everything was stock other than new harness and cam used same 19lb injectors well i used all the factory correct sensor and silinods was fun for awhile after tunning, it put down 165hp running very lean before tunning and after tuning it, it put down 223hp, thats y i say have it tunned highly reconmended if u want to keep ur engine running correctly...., now my new set up is a 331 stroker with a comps cams 286,300 duration 579,579 lift, last tune dynoed at 436 hp tons of fun have it as a sleeper truck ,nobody ever thought of getting beet by and old stock looking truck lol

Last edited by miers racing; 12-18-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM

i too put a maf conversion kit on my f150, never had any problems until now but ran great for years.

is your new maf calibrated for the injectors? they were very specific about that when i ordered the kit, they had to calibrate the injectors to the maf.

did you try another known maf sensor that is calibrated for the 19# injectors?

Cameron B Bad!
(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist) and of coarse trucks too!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

mass air

Hello, put a cobra 70mm throttle body on it with a stock mustang sensor, runs perfect, used a stock 1996 f150 wiring harness and computer that came with mass air. ran great but shifted too early and ran rich had to have it tuned on a dyno, but runs great now. next mod is a torque convertor don't drive it every day but about 10.000 miles a year still looking at which one to get to keep drivability.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-15-2016, 08:03 AM

My 1993 Bronco with a 1995 Lighting 351

to:RFBLOWERS & Others

I have a 1993 Bronco with the E40D automatic. I got a 1995 Lighting engine and add a roller cam (marine cam) and want to convert to Mass Air.

I wanted a step by step way that you & or others have used to make this work. The engine has stock injectors that I think are 19# but not sure.

There is a US Shift device that can be used to make the E40D shift with a Mustang set up. The place I used did convert my wiring harness to the different firing order of the 351. If I get a wiring harness of which year Mustang that has the same firing order as my 351 what MAS do I get?

Hope you men or ladies out there can guide me to the right parts and or place to get me hooked up.
Regards,
RickLightingBronco
post #7 of 7 Old 09-19-2016, 09:49 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I would contact Fiveology Racing. They offer parts to complete kits. I went with one for my F150. Had the kit quite some time but should be installing this week. Started the process but for me includes more than just the conversion.

hth
tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement