any early 1990's ford F150 owners in here? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (136)
any early 1990's ford F150 owners in here?

i am having a problem with my truck..its a 1993 ford f150,302,aod.etc the truck sat for about 4 months,and i am now trying to get it driving again..it ran ok when i first cranked it,but after a few mins it started running really rough, i could give it throttle and ride the brakes to keep it running while in gear..it smelled like it was super fat..this is a speed density system,all factory parts..after it warmed up,and the truck was turned off,it would not fire again,just spin over..and again,you could smell the gas,and after pulling the plugs,could see they were fouled..i replaced the tps,the map sensor,and new plugs..it idles alot better..but still way to fat..i checked the fuel reg,and it showed to be working fine,and also vacum seems to be in good shape as well,so no vacum leaks...i thought about the dist module..but thought it would only cut out the spark if it was going bad..now,if i let it idle and get warm..it will not start after shutting it off..what is causing the injs to put so much fuel in the cylinders?? thanks alot for any info in advance! rick

Last edited by quicktime; 02-15-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2009, 08:14 PM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Check the voltage on the TPS at the green wire,and let us know what it reads.

'89 LX Coupe
GT40 306 with a few bolt ons and in the 12's
'01 Lightning
#6257 of 6381 Bolt ons, pulleys, and tuned.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 TBSS
K&N drop in, and Borla dual exhaust, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-18-2009, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (136)
turned out to be the coolant temp sensor if anyone ever has the same problem..not the sensor for the the temp gauge,but the one in the heater rail under the throttle body,thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement