Ford Mustang Forums banner

AJE k-member...

20K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  redline6.6 
#1 ·
Will it handle open track/ roadrace build? Or is there a way to put an LSx in a MM k-member?
Just wondering and weighing options.

#3 ·
I read somewhere that AJE k-members were more suited to drag racing and setup from Maximum motorsports, while heavier, would be better for road racing applications

#4 ·
I've read somewhere in LS1Tech where somebody used the MM k-member. So yes it can be done but IIRC since the MM k-member has some extra braces it may impede the use of the long tube headers(read need modification). I think that Griggs Racing actually sells a k-member for what you want to do. They have done it to their own cobra.

#8 ·
Side note: Ever check the price on full GR40 chassis for a fox?! $14K!!! MM's MaxGrip box is less than $5K
Boy, if I win tonights $170M PowerBall, you'll see the baddest fox of all time!!!
-'cause I love fox coupes, that's why!!

#9 ·
and it's worth every penny.....

I have to laugh though when I hear people say you can make a mustang handle like a vette or an M3 and they think it might cost $1500 in parts. It cost mucho dollars if you want to play and even then a total goober behind the wheel of a vette or bmw will take your preped mustang to school unless you know wtf you're doing.

#13 · (Edited)
its still not the same... If your on a budget...the AJE is a great piece for a great price...though if you have the money....you make the call...

Original AJE with your road race AJE

#15 ·
I have the same questions about the suitability of the AJE piece for use on the street. I emailed AJE directly and expressed my concerns. They responded by suggesting that their "RR" K-member is stronger than their "regular" K-member. It still seems much less substantial than the Maximum Motorsports piece.

But with limited fabrication ability, it seems the AJE is a more straight forward solution using the Kooks headers.

The Maximum Motorsports piece sure looks strong!

Tipsy

#19 ·
The solid motor mounts are from Maximum Motorsports and are used for Modular motors. I have since sold those and made custom ones to sit the motor in just the spot I wanted it (dry sump 1/4" from the rack&pinion). Just being picky.

#20 ·
The thing I don't like about the AJE is the lower chassis support is the control arm mounting point. It is not a solid structure that is triangulated. Where the MM has a lower cross bar with flanges that boxed and the control is bolted to them.

The stock kmember is fine, griggs most costly kmember is a stock unit that has its holes filled in and control arm mounting holes are moved up. I had one on my old fox and i t was fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.