Ford Mustang Forums banner

Hp turbo kit anybody buy from them im havin issues

2K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  87TurboGT 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased a kit from them in march and its june and paid the final half cause they said it was ready, but its been 3 weeks and keeps telling me that he will call me back and doesnt? gettin kinda of worried and dont want if shipped in parts. has anybody bought a kit from them maybe they are backed up? but if anybody has dealt with them and recieved there full kit with no problems ill feel better im considering on callin my credit card company for a dispute.

any info would help thanks
jon

#3 ·
there was some talk about this on the turbomustangs.com about people having problems when it comes to them gettin the stuff to you on time keep callin and if you not happy just call the your credit card company and get that fixed

#4 ·
I had one of there kit. they did the same to me jerked me around for 3 months and then sent it to me 3 shippments and from what I have heard I am one of the lucky ones. There customer service is really really bad. I will say thre kit fit great and I had not problems with it. but I would not get another one. If I was you I would call your credit card company and see if you can stop payment.

#6 ·
yup, Nathan at HP lies thru his teeth.

I had to threaten to call the better business bureau in order to get all my stuff.

If I did it all over again, I would have gone with B&G. Unfortunately, they were as popular back in '06 as they are now. In fact the mustang turbo market has balooned since '06. When I built my setup in '07, people were thrown back and I was like the only turbo mustang in my area. Not too long after that, I noticed them popping up everywhere due to kit availablity and more reputable companies.

#10 ·
hp performance = scamming bastards

b&g custom turbo = takes care of their customers

i'd try to get your money back asap. this is a typical response from someone in your position. get on theturboforums.com and look at the business feedback forum, lots of threads about hp taking forever, and lots of b&g threads thanking them

#14 ·
it took me over a year to get my kit from hp cause the moron couldnt make anything right and even now that i finally got all my stuff i had to modify every pipe on the kit to make it work. I wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to them idiots. The kit looks good but didnt fit woth a damn. call your credit card company and stop payment go with b&g i am ordering a kit from them within the next week for a buddy of mine. good luck with hp nathans an ass!!!!

#17 ·
oh yeah hellion is in business. They are probably the largest company out there for mustang turbos. I see more people with mod motors running them versus pushrod motors.

They are pricey, but they have their kits in stock and ready to ship immediately. There is no wait time.

#19 ·
let me tell you I called hellion turbo and they are awsome people to work with have the kit in stock and will be here in 2 weeks comes with warrenty for turbos. There pricey but when it comes to Hp turbo I would pay double the amount. I dont even know how the hell there in business I hope anybody who ever is considering a turbo kit DO NOT BUY FROM HP TURBO! I recommend HELLION or B&G

#20 ·
I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I bought my kit from them in 2005. It arrived in 2 shipments about 10 days later than the initial estimate. One shipment was from Jet Hot and the other had everything else minus one clamp for the throttle body (which they sent immediately after I contacted them about it). After four years, I still love my kit.

#21 ·
I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I bought my kit from them in 2005. It arrived in 2 shipments about 10 days later than the initial estimate. One shipment was from Jet Hot and the other had everything else minus one clamp for the throttle body (which they sent immediately after I contacted them about it). After four years, I still love my kit.

From the research I've done, 2005 is when they had their act together. For whatever reason, they have gone downhill since then. I feel sorry for those who order from them. Too many people are attracted by the large sizes of the pipes. The header primaries are 1 3/4", the crossover is 3", and the downpipe is 3.5". Thats what attracted me to HP, the largest pipes on the market.

The JetHot coating they use is probably the cheapest out there, every piece of mine that was jet hot coated has flaked off. I wound up refinishing all my hot pipes with VHT Flameproof paint.

#22 ·
My kit from hellion is on its way and ill have it in 2 weeks from when I ordered it. There customer service is outstanding! I got my money back from Hp from dispute but they have 60 days to fight it which they wont win anyways cause they never sent me anything and billed me the full amount month and half ago LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.