Ford Mustang Forums banner

Tilton Floor Pedals

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Britboy 
#1 ·
I'm 5'7". I have a longer upper body, so legs are short as hell. I'm way to close to steering wheel and I would like to go this route. What do I need other than what they sell on this site http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TIL-72680/?image=large ? Shifter extension, where to get one? Hydraulic clutch, how?

#2 ·
This is not a simple project. Off the top of my head, you will need to:
  1. Fabricate some kind of ridgit structure to mount the pedal assembly to. This is not trivial., Any flex in the structure will lead to a longer brake pedal as well as increase the chance of structural failure. This is a Bad Thing.
  2. Roll your own hydraulic clutch setup. You might be able to retrofit one from an F150, or there may be aftermarkt solutions out there.

It may be easier to replace the steering column with a shorter, non-OEM column.

#3 ·
It's a big job. I use the Tilton 72-680 in my racecar. It will require lots of fabrication (make sure to make the pedal box adjustable, and as Robert said, MAKE IT STIFF. You'll likely be re-doing all your brake lines, spending some time experimenting with MC sizes, spec'ing out a clutch hydraulic throwout-bearing and mount, messing with heel mounts and dead pedals, fabricating a custom throttle cable system and mount, etc, etc. There is a lot to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.