Ford Mustang Forums banner

Turbo cam recommendations?

967 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Blackfive0 
#1 ·
I'm looking to build a stock forged 302 with some afr 185's, systemax II and likely a b&g single turbo kit. Who would you seek advice from on a turbo cam? Is Ed Curtis the man to see?

#3 ·
Mine is from Ed Curtis and I'd buy another one from him. But on the other hand I think you can probably make more than enough power to break the block with that combo and the stock cam.

#4 ·
haha that is very very true... I'm going to shop around to see if I can find a mexican roller block. I don't want to buy a dart block right now as it will tie up too much of my funds that I want to use for fuel system/suspension components on the car. If some of the turbo guys chime in with a really good off the shelf cam that works well with a turbo I may do that. I do want the car to have some lope to it though. But I have heard the pre 89 stock cam works really well with a turbo? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#7 ·
Get Ed to grind you one. Not much more than an off the shelf, and it will be better matched to your combo. I've got one, it sounds great and makes plenty of power. I'm at around 420/450 to the wheels on 7 psi and 93 octane.

#9 ·
Probably depends on how crazy your grind is. I'd get new springs anyways, you're going to be beating on the car and aftermarket springs will take the beating better than stock ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.