Ford Mustang Forums banner

Subframe question/ suggestions!!

892 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  drudis 
#1 ·
I have a 93 hatch that I want to put sub frames on. What brand and style would be the best for a mostly street driven car? I have Maximum Motor sports cc plates and motorsport springs. Im looking for the weld in style. Also how much is a reasonable price to weld in? Thanks corral.

#9 ·
#12 ·
Wish i had seen those before I bought mine, sam... I might have given the MM stuff a second thought :eek:

The longer the brace, the better IMO. THe more of the subframes it can tie in, the more effective it will be at bracing them from movement.

As far as the powdercoating, thats a personal preference. Ive been told that the PC is tougher than paint, but you'll wind up gridning or sanding the paint or powercoat off where your weld points are, anyway. I ordered mine bare, masked off where I was welding, and painted the rest. So far so good!

#13 ·
Full lenghts have more overlap:

_____==-----------===____

or

_======-----------=====_

Coated or uncoated, that is up to you. You still need to clean them up before welding. You can always paint "before" (3M spray WELDCOAT paint), or paint with Rustoleum afterwards...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.