Ford Mustang Forums banner

75 mm Throttle Body vs. 70 mm

984 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TFScoupe 
#1 ·
I am building a 331 to accecpt a turbo. I have a RPM II and 75mm throttle body. I need to open up the intake from 70 to 75 mm to accecpt the throttle body. Is this worth it, or should I just get a 70mm? I am concerned about getting the metal shavings in the intake and not being able to remove all of them. Thanks.

#5 ·
Ammm ? What block and rotating assembly is this being built around ???
A 65mm with flow 550 rwhp with ease...The whole induction pipeing would need to be atleast 3 1/2 inches all the way through..
Yep take upper manifold off and open inlet up....

#6 ·
I am building a 331 with a stock block for now. I have a complete DSS forged rotating assembly: -18cc pistons, H-Beams, 4340 crank, girdle, windage tray. I will be using AFR 185's, unported. I have an Edelbrock RPM II, unsure of cam right now. I will be adding a turbo, but plan to run low boost for now. Later, I plan to upgrade the block to a Dart Iron Eagle or possibly Boss. The car probably will see very little, if any, track time with the turbo. It will run NA for some time before I ever get the turbo.

I ported and polished the TB opening to match the 75mm Accufab TB and it came out very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.