Ford Mustang Forums banner

Dyno numbers in, a little disappointed

881 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hellion'01 
#1 ·
After working on this car for a year now I finally got it on a dyno. It is a '01 GT w/ a '98 4v engine and a T76 hellion kit. It's been bored .020 over, mildly ported heads,Diamond pistons, Eagle rods running stock compression. It put down 460 hp and 513 tq. at the rear wheels on 15 lbs. of boost and 93 octane through a 4r70w tranny. I was really expecting more power out of it though. Any suggestions on what my next step should be to make more power without switching to race fuel? I'm thinking maybe some shorty headers would help since it still has the stock manifolds and next some custom cams. It will be a while before I do any more to the engine though because I have to get the rear suspension done and get my converter re-stalled first.

#4 ·
I have a PI converter but it is stalled waay too tight. I took it to the track a while back to do a little tuning (via. SCT Pro Racer package) and it was running low 8's in the eighth mile but that was with a 2.2 second 60'. Boost wasn't coming on until around the 300' mark. It was hitting around 96 mph w/ 15 lb. of boost and 99 mph w/ 16 lb. of boost. I left the boost back at 15 on the recommendation of the shop owner that helped me dial in my tune on the dyno. Taking the converter out this weekend and sending it to PTC to have it restalled. I'm hoping that with a good converter I can at least hit low 7's in the 1/8th and I believe that is a pretty realistic goal with the MPH the car was hitting.

#7 ·
So would it be safe to run more boost if I pull more timing? I was planning on going to about 18 lbs. of boost but the guy helping me tune it on the dyno suggested no more than 15lbs. with the above combo on 93 octane. I have the SCT Pro Racer package so I can make my own tune adjustments. Also, my AFR is right at 11.3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.