Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCT Xcal2 CHEAP!!! L(o)(o)K!!!

563 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MrOverkill 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up a locked Xcal2 in a trade and I have no use for it, it can be unlocked and tuned for ANY 96&up Ford by SCT for around $100 or so. It is as new and comes in the original box, asking $175obo which is still almost $100 cheaper than new even after you get it tuned for your vehicle.....

PM if interested

#3 ·
Please be aware, that if the tuner is not flashed back to stock in the car it was originally VIN locked to unlocking it may not be that easy. If it has not been flashed back to stock it will have to go back to SCT and cost $150.

Just trying to help,

Ed

#5 · (Edited)
Here is current a list of trade-in values from VMP but some dealers do offer less.

Credits toward an SCT X-Cal2 are as follows:
Malfunctioning SCT X-Cal2 9400 or 9415 $175
Locked SCT X-Cal2 9400 or 9415 $175
Unlocked SCT X-Cal1 $175
Locked SCT X-Cal1 $175
Malfunctioning SCT X-Cal1 $175
SCT 9100 Blue tuner locked or unlocked $100
SCT Chip 5500 or 6600 $175

#6 · (Edited)
I don't need to do my research. I'm an SCT dealer. One of the very first. I'm very much aware of how the software and hardware processes work.

If the Liveload software can do what you mention I as a tuner will just completely stop buying any hardware from SCT. All I'll need is one tuner to flash all of the cars I want. I could tune the whole world on one flasher. Then I could lower my prices. Then put everyone else out of business. Better yet, all tuners could do this and put SCT out of business.

I can assure you that you cannot unlock a VIN locked tuner that HAS NOT BEEN FLASHED BACK TO STOCK. If you can there's a serious security flaw that should be addressed immediately. A flaw that large would put the entire company at risk.

I'll forward this thread to SCT for them to review.

Thanks,

Ed

#7 ·
I'm just going off posts made by Ryan on the SCT forums, I never stated you could use it multiple vehicles. I'm not attempting to screw anyone and was 100% honest when replying to his PM, perhaps my original post was slightly misleading and I will be sure to correct it.

Just so you know I have unlocked more than one 9415 Strategy by reformatting it, but it will no longer be a SF device and it is a one way change as you should know. I have done it more than once, if that means there is a problem w/ the software or hardware so be it.

I happen to have access to Advantage dealer software and as explained via PM to MY potential buyer I am UNABLE to unlock the tuner and it would need to be sent back. If it was still an SF device it could be done(unless an update has changed something)but it was already been converted by the previous owner or dealer as far as I can tell, but I'm going to get into a pissing contest with you over it.

#8 ·
Reformating should not unlock the VIN lock UNLESS THE STOCK FILE has been restored.

I've also tried what you're describing and it didn't work for me and never has.

If you read this on SCT's forum you misunderstood what you read.

If your selling a VIN locked XC2 I would think the best thing to do is state it up front. Just my opinion.

Thanks,

Ed

#9 · (Edited)
Well Ed the thread has stated that is was locked from the very beginning...

Perhaps there was a glitch or hole in the program which allowed me to do it. I do know I have done it twice in the past and I'm 100% sure the 1st time it was locked to a vehicle. This was the middle of last year and I'm sure if they knew of a problem it has since been repaired. Regards

Locking the thread, thanks for your input.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.