Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Vortech S-Trim rebuild instructions inside
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 05-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Dedicated5.0

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced
That bearing is NOT the same one that we use! The bearings we use are made for us...Like I said in the other post about this topic...you cannot purchase the bearings and seals that we use. If these work for you and do not cause future failures, then congrats. The blower is your property you can do with it as you wish. What I don't like is when they get rebuilt incorrectly and fail again. This leads to a "My Vortech Broke Again" mentality. This is not good for us.
I hear what your saying. But when I pull bearings out of an s-trim that are clearly marked with standard bearing part numbers it is hard for me to believe that there is something special about it.

I suppose that it is possible that there are some special clearances used in the bearings, but I really doubt that it could make that much of a difference. It might cause the owner to rebuild it a bit sooner than one that was repaired by vortech. But, if the person is rebuilding it themselves anyway what's the big deal if they have to do it a bit sooner than if Vortech did it.

I still stand by my statement that your are trying to freak people out to maintain your rebuild business. And you never responded to my statement about offering some constructive criticism on the rebuild instructions.

Rio Red 97 Cobra Number 749 of 6961...born October 3rd, 1996
Tarmac Black 2010 Lancer Ralliart Sportback

Last edited by Dedicated5.0; 05-26-2006 at 04:53 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome