Ford Mustang Forums banner

Completely Restored 1985 GT Mustang - Silver

706 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  NC STANG GUY 
#1 ·
85 GT - Completely Restored

The car is on e-bay now with a very reasonable reserve price of $7500. I told him he could get what I believe much more but he wants to move it now!

I can vouch for this car as I have crawled all over & under it as well as driven it - It's NEW in everyway. Much time, energy, and attention to detail was spent under the hood to make sure everything went back on just as it left the Ford asy line 21 years ago. The car never had any rust or damage and was completely disassembled, everything was rebuilt and/or restored, and then re-assembled.

You would be hard pressed to find another 85-86 GT in this condition - almost all restoration parts where purchased from www.50resto.com. Car is done right & will make someone an excellent investment.

Check it out - he also has a lot of photos that where taken during the restoration (for serious buyers / bidders only)

If you are interested and need further info: warnerrt@sbcglobal.net

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

See less See more
#4 ·
??????????????

white92lx50 said:
it is a shame the trim is all painted black when the factory color was charcoal grey, it would have to be repainted
A shame? :confused: It would "HAVE" to be re-painted....?:confused: :confused:

I'm a-little confused, but I'm pretty much sure you "would have" to buy it first in order to decide if you "would have" to have it repainted. :rolleyes:

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the hood being cleared / gloss black but when I thought about it made perfect sense.....so you could wax it - ever seen an 85-86 hood decal that has seen sun over the years? The "grey" trim on those cars looked the same after time - that's why the decision was made to do it all in Ford factory flat black trim paint. In my opinion it looks cleaner and hardly noticeable since your attention will be drawn to how clean & brand new looking of a car it is - and not the shade of the trim paint. :)

Not exaggerating at all, walking around this car is like going 20 years back in time when these things (85-86 GT's) first hit the street and where shiny & new. It's incredible! :)

Trust me, this car is an outright steal @ $7500!

#6 ·
Yea

No insult intended? None taken........:bs:

But thanks for the history lesson on 4-eyed Mustangs - :rolleyes:

My point was why go and knit-pick & make negative comments about a car you have no intentions of buying or even looking at for that matter? Then go on to describe what "you" would have done or have changed.

Post some pictures of your "(3) 85-86 gt's and (2) capris" so I can decide what I personally like and dislike about them......:eek: :rofl:

Understand where I'm coming from?

#8 ·
Super clean car. Always liked the 85-86 GT seats. Have to hate the AOD 85's had a non roller 302 with CFI and 180hp though.

#9 ·
Are you sure about that?

NC STANG GUY said:
Have to hate the AOD 85's had a non roller 302 with CFI and 180hp though.
:confused: :confused:

Well, I do know that this car's original engine is in fact a hyd. roller w/ forged pistons. 1985 was the first year for these upgrades as well as many others such as a brand new casting for the block & cylinder heads, stainless headers etc. Also last year before EFI took over. I also know that the factory rated Horsepower for this car is 210 - not the 180 you claim. Don't know where you are getting your info from but I assure you having seen this car completely torn down to nuts & bolts, restored, and brought back to life I know a little history about it.

Thanks for the compliments, I truly find it hard to believe this car did not sell on e-bay for the $7500 B-I-N price. If I had the space it would be in my garage but with 3 Mustang toys myself it's just not possible. The first person who comes and looks at this car will buy it once they see how NEW this car is from top to bottom. I guess, the pictures he posted on e-bay did the car little justice - maybe I should try and post some of the car while it was being restored - you wouldn't believe how much time, energy, money,and labor where put into the restoration.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Ummmmmm

NC STANG GUY said:
I had a 85 LX coupe with the CFI/AOD combo. I know for a fact it was a flat tappet engine. You are correct about the upgrade to the 5spd cars.
Reading all of that info makes me think maybe this car had a different shortblock swapped into it at a VERY early date......don't know, I guess I'd have to try and dig a little deeper. This car had 72,000 original miles on it before taken completely apart and from the looks of everything it was a very original un-modified car.

Don't know, I guess anything is possible - Remember in 67 when dealerships where installing 427 side-oilers in place of the 428 PI's in the GT-500 cars? Although very rare, most owners had no clue of this until they started restoring them 20yrs later. :eek: :)

#12 ·
You're right,just never know. Sure there has been a ton of work put into it. Rarely see a 85 that looks that good. Makes me miss my 85. Good luck with the sale.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.