Ford Mustang Forums banner

Need a good intercooler

672 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DV19 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I am starting to piece together my turbo kit. I am in need of a good intercooler. I am running a 306, AFR 165's, and a T70. I am going for 500 at the wheels. I would like a verticle flow intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side. I have been looking at some Treadstone models measuring 25x6x3.5 and one measuring 18.5x6x3.5. I know the larger one will cool better but it is 430 or somewhere really close to that. I am on a budget so I need to make the money count where it can. If you have any ideas or input please let me know.

Eric

#3 ·
That is the second one I was talking about. I am also looking at one that is a bit longer but the same height and thickness. Would that cooler support 500 at the wheels? The only thing I am thinking is that since it is not very wide that the air would not have time to cool.

Eric

#5 ·
That intercooler is 18.5x6x3.5. That is the core size, with 2.5 inch inlets and outlets. Can get it from Ebay for like 240.00 shipped.

Eric

#6 ·
Active Radiator will build you a custom IC any size you want, with or without brackets of your design. I just got one and I am very impressed with their craftsmanship....
HTH,
DV

#7 ·
How do you get ahold of them? What is the price like?

Eric

#9 ·
RoadW3@aol.com said:
How do you get ahold of them? What is the price like?
Eric
Mike SeChrist (800) 783-4030
Tell him Doug with the STS Mustang sent you....
Since everything is custom the prices are variable.... He can get you a quote..
DV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.