Ford Mustang Forums banner

Need Advice On How To Get Started In Road Racing In TN

553 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SoftBatch 
#1 ·
Does anybody know how I could find out any road raing courses near the Lynchburg TN area. I just moved here and am rebuilding the car and think I would like to give this a try. Any advice on how to set suspension, or what kind of engine power, brakesm etc. would all be greatly appreciated to help me on my journey!!

#4 ·
Funny you should post this, I got my start in Tennesse and just wrote an article about it. Send me an email address and I'll shoot it to you.
A couple of random thoughts:
-Delk performance is a very good shop in Tenn
-Don't make modifications until you've driven the car hard at a couple of events
-autox will teach you great car control skills and is an inexpensive way to begin
-Start with the end in mind, make a plan for both the car and driver then stick to it.
-Spend equal amounts of money on the driver that you do on the car

Have fun!

#6 ·
Sup man,

There is actually an auto-X event really close to where you live that I go to. It's at the motlow campus parking lot there down hwy 50 in tullahoma. The website for it (although not updated for this year yet I don't think) is http://www.cafes.net/tlscc/ It'd be great to see some more mustangs out there on the course!!! there are a few really quick fox bodies that attend just about every meet, then you have my slow arse in my GT... At least that is until I get my cobra done with MM's full grip package in a few months.(*then I can be slow as hell in the cobra :p) Anyway, if you'd like to meet up some day at a meet or just to hang out...give me a shout out on here or in a pm.

On a side note..I'd love to read that article TennGT if you wouldn't mind sending it to me--- smcbride@blomand.net Thanks man

Scott

#7 ·
95VIBREDGT said:
Sup man,

There is actually an auto-X event really close to where you live that I go to. It's at the motlow campus parking lot there down hwy 50 in tullahoma. The website for it (although not updated for this year yet I don't think) is http://www.cafes.net/tlscc/ It'd be great to see some more mustangs out there on the course!!! there are a few really quick fox bodies that attend just about every meet, then you have my slow arse in my GT... At least that is until I get my cobra done with MM's full grip package in a few months.(*then I can be slow as hell in the cobra :p) Anyway, if you'd like to meet up some day at a meet or just to hang out...give me a shout out on here or in a pm.

On a side note..I'd love to read that article TennGT if you wouldn't mind sending it to me--- smcbride@blomand.net Thanks man

Scott
I never knew such a club existed. I recognize some of the names on the results on your link --- Randall Wilcox, Jeff Mellow, Peter Burman, John Darrow, etc.

Too bad Tullahoma is so hard to get to from Knoxville. :crying:

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.