Ford Mustang Forums banner

Hellion DYNO results...

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  stangbro01 
#1 ·
Stock motor, 200k miles, mods in sig.
The car put down 405hp and 443tq. 9lbs of boost and a/f right at 11.0. The timing was locked at 15* and fuel pressure at 32psi. Ill post a vid and a pic of the dyno sheet when I get it uploaded. Tell me what yall think.
mat

#9 ·
It's a great kit if I had to do it over again I wouldn't do it any other way. Even Mike Wilson at Dallas Mustang, the guy that tuned it, was very impressed. It's also a pretty conservative tune with only 15* of timing and the a/f at 11.0 but with the miles on the motor i wanted to keep it safe, when i get a new motor i think ill turn the timing up and lean it out a little more just to see what it'll do with the stock motor. O yea btw no chip was required to tune it which was really a plus.
later
mat

#12 ·
I have the same Hellion kit. Were you able to run the underdrive pulleys? I couldn't get them to work with my kit (any ideas...not that it matters much though with the turbo).

I have H/C/I and am running 9#s of boost. I can't keep the tires from spinning through out 2nd gear and in third at times. Though the nittos are from from new, the car is a beast. Install was easy like Mat said.

For the time being, I am going to drop down the the 5# spring and see how much HP I can get from it. I am only wanting to run about 400-425 RWHP so I can hook killer.

Nice numbers Mat.

#13 ·
I have the same Hellion kit. Were you able to run the underdrive pulleys? I couldn't get them to work with my kit (any ideas...not that it matters much though with the turbo).

I have H/C/I and am running 9#s of boost. I can't keep the tires from spinning through out 2nd gear and in third at times. Though the nittos are from from new, the car is a beast. Install was easy like Mat said.

For the time being, I am going to drop down the the 5# spring and see how much HP I can get from it. I am only wanting to run about 400-425 RWHP so I can hook killer.

Nice numbers Mat.
Hey E.J. i still have my underdrives, wut exactly do u mean by they wouldnt work? what h/c/i combo ru running and hav u put it on the dyno?
later
mat

#14 ·
I couldn't get the idler tension puelly to work with the larger water pump pulley. I tried the shortest belt possible so the tensioner wouldn't touch the water pump pulley. I did just hear of another guy who was able to get his to work. I guess I should go back and try something else.

No dyno numbers yet. I was suppose to go race in Bradenton, FL this past weekend, but because of several things going wrong with the car last minute, she is up on jack stands in the garage. I did just install an Innovate WB O2 and MSD digital 6+. I am attemtping to tune the car with an Apexi AFC (the ricers love those things). If it doesn't work, I am going to get a chip.

I have Edelbrock Performer heads & intake and an E-303 cam. I also have a 70MM TB and 3.73 gears. Other than that, it's all she's got besides some suspension work and subframes.

#15 ·
Are you running the exhaust through the Tailpipes or Dumped from the mufflers?I am looking for somebody thats running a Hellion kit or an HP kit that has their exhaust Dumped right outta the header exiting from an open downpipe..Car sounds/Revs awesom.! Congrats..

#16 ·
At first i had teh 2.5" bullets turned down but today i got a straight through resonator off a dodge hemi welded up and a single pipe that exits in front of the pass side rear tire, a lot less restrictive, louder, and u can hear the turbo now inteh exhaust. :D ...so much for the sleeper effect
mat

#18 ·
E.J. said:
I'm running the 5lb. spring in the wastegate right now, and I have no traction either. First with some fairly worn BFG DR's, then with some Kumho's...she spun regardless. So good luck with that. I'm switching to some 3.27's in the next day or two hoping that helps some.

#19 ·
LilMayo said:
Hey E.J. i still have my underdrives, wut exactly do u mean by they wouldnt work? what h/c/i combo ru running and hav u put it on the dyno?
later
mat
Once to the point of having a power adder, especially a turbo, underdrive pulleys help so little for the over all power that they should just be swapped for stockers. They cause more issues with cooling the motor and charging the battery than it is worth. Plus chances are someone would give a 20 spot or maybe a little more for them and give a set of stock pulleys to put onto the car.

#20 ·
I have removed all of my underdrive pulleys after installing my turbo kit. I initially tried to keep the waterpump and crank pulleys, but due to cooling issues I went back to stock.

At 13psi, I can assure you they are not missed.

#21 ·
nice #'s... that timing is a little conservetive, i run 20* locked with 14psi on 93 octane-stock motor and 17psi with some good gas, i cant wait to see what my car lays down in the spring!! i also plan on adding nitrous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.