Ford Mustang Forums banner

Battery relocation

681 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  YBUYGM 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of relocating my battery to the trunk. Is there anything special I need to do while I'm installing the kit? Any problems that I may run into and should avoid? Just anything that will make this installation as simple as possible. Thanks in advance :)

#3 ·
I'm in the process of doing that myself. I just need to get some wire. Are you using a regular battery? They said I have to seal my marine battery box and make a vent tube to exit out of the car. Firehazard or something? I haven't heard of anyone using a fuse in between the battery and solenoid. This seem like a bad idea to me and i'm looking to install one just to be on the safe side. (S**T happens)

#5 · (Edited)
buck87 said:
what kind of coating does welding wire have on it? Like audio cable wire?
Heavy industrial rubber...it will take a beating and not wear down...the copper also has a paper type element wrapped around it before the rubber outer is applied...well worth the effort to use...IMHO

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=701197&highlight=battery+relocation
diagram for routing with or without cutoff switch

http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=8
General wire gauge for your car

Battery box needs to be vented because of fumes and vapors it releases....i think NHRA requires it if you go to the track? someone will chime in for that answer...if you buy a high end sealed battery you may not need to vent...just 2 cents.... :cool: good luck

#7 ·
marius said:
Battery box needs to be vented because of fumes and vapors it releases....i think NHRA requires it if you go to the track? someone will chime in for that answer...if you buy a high end sealed battery you may not need to vent...just 2 cents.... :cool: good luck

Last time i asked the NHRA tech they said the box had to be vented no matter what type of battery. they explained it as easier to control one set of rules. This mayhave changed it was couple years ago I asked

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.