Ford Mustang Forums banner

twin turbo headers...

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Scones 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has come across a company that makes nice twin turbo headers. i'm really looking forwards to having a little turbo boost on the stang and purchasing a kit seems to have fallen through so i'm gonna try and build my own. i have a two into one front mount intercooler and will be using two IHI turbos at around 9psi (a little small but very fast spool up...)

i can't fabricate the headers or the down pipe though so i'd need to buy those...which company would you guys recomend i look at?

#2 ·
These guys make nice stuff: B&G Custom Turbo Fabrications 740-686-2897 Specializes in custom made turbo headers and other turbo parts
Erich

#4 ·
#7 ·
Forced Fab does, but i think they are having issue's again.....a friend of mine paid carson $900 buck's for the header's and tubing for a turbo set up that will hold a T60-1 turbo, and carson hasn't been back in touch with him since.......and i hate to jump the cart before the horse, but these vendor's should respond to email's and so forth....

I know right now, b&g has stuff in stock.........not sure what forced fab is doing right now.....

Anyways, doug of insanemustangs.com

#9 ·
That would make sense....i think my friend mention'd that. Like i say, not bad mouthing, either one......just skeptical is all.....i know you have seen it too, when people loose out on there money......b&g hasn't done anyone wrong at this point, to my knowledge, and niether has forced fab themselves...

Maybe this guy here can get a quote from both......i know when carson took my friend's money, it was 900 buck's for all the piping, not including intercooler piping.

#11 ·
#12 ·
RGVBadBoy said:
check out poneydown.net this company makes some REAL HI QUALITY STUFF at a great price....also they are EXTREMELY informative, check them out..
i've been checking out the ponydown stuff and i'm liking it...plus they are right across the river from me so that's a bonus :)

#13 ·
Scones said:
i've been checking out the ponydown stuff and i'm liking it...plus they are right across the river from me so that's a bonus :)
yeah, i got a cartech single turbo kit, it has a t 61 T-04 based turbo, but i think now i just might buy a www.poneydown.net stage II set up, so i can use 2 T04 turbos and get more power...plus the guy at Ponydown.net are really helpfull...

#14 ·
Twin T3 kits can and are made that do not make you need to do these things that their site mentions. Personally I'd go with some other company.

(1) The drivers side header needs the ford motorsport a/c elimination kit to fit properly. (2) The passenger side header needs the March alternator bracket kit to fit properly also. The reason for these kits is so you do not to have to cut huge holes in your firewalls

#17 ·
RGVBadBoy said:
yeah, i got a cartech single turbo kit, it has a t 61 T-04 based turbo, but i think now i just might buy a www.poneydown.net stage II set up, so i can use 2 T04 turbos and get more power...plus the guy at Ponydown.net are really helpfull...
How fast are you looking to go on the factory block? T4s may be way too much, but for all I know you may have Dart 4 bolt main racing motor....

I'm gonna go with the stage 1 header/down pipe with IHI turbos and go shooting for mid 11s :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.