Ford Mustang Forums banner

Anyone have take-off rear shock brackets?

533 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Glenn 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Sorry to put a "WTB" in the racing / suspension forum, but I thought someone might have a pair of these (or even one) laying around as a take-off. I know that folks often replace their rear shock lower brackets with brackets for panhard bar and coil-over mounts. My '83 used shoulder bolts instead of the brackets and I'd like to go with the brackets while the rear end is apart.

Many thanks! I'll pay a reasonable price shipped to 44138 (Cleveland, OH area).
Bman

#3 ·
Good idea

For whatever reason, that possibility did not occur to me. If I don't find anyone with a pair they'd like to part with for a few $$, I'll call my Ford dealer.

Again, thanks for the advice.

I would assume that later Fox and SN95 applications of the 8.8 are the same in this regard.

Bman

#6 ·
Thanks a lot, guys. I already have someone rummaging through their cast-offs for me. If this does not pan out, I'll pursue the options above.

Again, thanks a lot for the offers of help.

Bman

#7 ·
Thanks!!

Glenn came through for me in response to my "WTB" post on the parts wanted forum.

Again, thanks for the offers of help. I appreciate it! This is about the 6,000th time that the internet Corral community had been a real asset to me. My "perpetual project" would not have made it nearly this far (almost driveable!) without all the pictures, advice, and "gently used" parts. How amazing to have all these 'Stang nuts in communication with each other! :joy:

Bman

#8 · (Edited)
Bman83GL said:
Glenn came through for me in response to my "WTB" post on the parts wanted forum.

Again, thanks for the offers of help. I appreciate it! This is about the 6,000th time that the internet Corral community had been a real asset to me. My "perpetual project" would not have made it nearly this far (almost driveable!) without all the pictures, advice, and "gently used" parts. How amazing to have all these 'Stang nuts in communication with each other! :joy:

Bman
I hear you there Bman! I just happened to see your WTB ad as I was posting my Max Motorports LCA's for sale on there. LOL!

Oh and BTW, you may have to drill a small hole in the control arm mounts to fit the bolt-on shock mounts. They use a really large stud on the bottom side and a tab on the top side that locates in a small hole. You may have to enlarge the hole for the stud as well, it's pretty frikken big.

Good luck with the project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.