Ford Mustang Forums banner

victor 5.0 manifold flow questions?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  superirish 
#1 ·
Anyone have any flow numbers for a edelbrock victor 5.0 manifold?
I have a cam card and I am trying to figure this out. I have my head flow numbers already. My lower intake will be opened up to a 1262 and the upper inlet to 90mm. I have no idea how much that would increase the flow potential but a base number for a stock one would be nice.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
what heads r u running and what cfm do they flow @ .600 lift. The intake needs to flow more cfm than the heads. Victor pulls from 3500-8000rpm and is a race intake.

what motor is this victor going on?

ran one on my R304 and I was not impressed.

#6 ·
well that's the thing TMOSS, I don't have a cam yet. The upper intake looks pretty smooth and there is very little casting flash. Other than opening up the inlet to 90mm Im guessing that most of the flow that can be picked up will come from porting the lower?

#9 ·
The way to get a victor 5.0 to work right is to make sure you have an exact match at the head flange- the Victor has a real small port size there- about 1250 in dimension. Then work backwards, getting a proper taper in the runners to the plenum, about 7 degree works right in most cases.
When done right, that manafold makes huge TQ down low- see my signature below. I have seen now combo get low end numbers on a very mild 331 as I did using any intake, much less the Victor 5.0. If you lose TQ down low, and its not intended (your building a high rpm motor), then you have mismatched parts!

#10 ·
bringing it back from the dead...

My upper has been port matched to the lower which has been matched to the heads. The tb inlet has been opened up to 75mm. I am about to jump in on a extrude honed group buy and I am wondering whether the lower or upper would benefit more from the extrude honed?

#11 ·
EH is not going to add much of anything for a very large price for the HP gained - even is a "group" buy. I't a dumb process and cannot take material out discriminately.

Go to the tech section on my website and read a tech article on Extrude Honing.

It's your money..................

#12 · (Edited)
I agree with TMoss. extrude honing, IMO is a waste of money.

fox lake racing has opened one up a Victor EFI and it flowed 350cfm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.