Ford Mustang Forums banner

Are these replacement 19lb injectors going to affect my tune?

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  indy2000 
#1 ·
I'm finally replacing the original injectors on my '93 5.0. I ordered these Bosch 19s https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1134076&parttype=6224 from rock auto because I think my stock ones are starting to stick. Car smells rich and check engine light is coming on. The car has cam, heads, intake and was tuned with a SCT chip. Pretty sure the stock 19s are maxed out but I didn't want to get retune for 24s. Car made 305hp to wheels.

So should these new 19lb injectors run about the same as properly working old 1993 19s?

Thanks

#2 ·
Pretty sure the stock 19s are maxed out but I didn't want to get retune for 24s.
This is a terrible reason not to upgrade, if you cant afford to fix it right, you should save until you can. Changing fuel injector low slope, high slope, breakpoint and voltage offsets are typically the only required changes when you change injectors. It takes all of 5 minutes to plug those values in. If your tuner is raking you over the coals just to change injector settings, look for a used Quarterhorse and plug the values in yourself. Ive seen a few QH sold for around 150$. TunerProRT is free so its only the cost of the QH. If you find a Jaybird, im pretty sure you can read the tune right off your SCT chip and then modify it and burn the new one right back onto the same chip. To do that, you dont even need a QH, just the Jaybird. If you were local, I would hook you up.

To answer your original question though, they should work the same if they are Bosch, but without injector data it is impossible to know for sure.

#4 ·
I know 24s and a tune would be best but tuner is 1.5 hrs each way and expensive. It actually runs strong with 19s.

smells rich, CEL is on.........= change injectors.......REALLY?
haha there's good ole Indy. I know you LOVE when people throw parts at mystery problems! Theyre 26 years old w 150k miles. I figured it can't hurt to change either way. I've already changed 02 sensors and I don't think it's a vacuum leak.

Isn't it possible an injector could be leaking or not functioning right?

#7 ·
I don't know Tom. I honestly don't know how to check the codes. Are the Bosch ones I ordered in the link above the 4 hole ones? I assumed they were..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.