Ford Mustang Forums banner

Voodoo vs Scat 4 series

866 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  strokeme 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with Lunati's Voodoo cranks? They're about 100 cheaper than SCAT depending on the vendor and readily advertise "Made in USA" where Scat leaves it to the imagination where they're built.

the only negative is the Voodoo is only offered with the Chev pins necessitating the use of the oddball CP1227H bearings that aren't as readily available and cost effective as what's available for the SBF.

Looking for opinions. I'm going forged crank in a blower application.

#5 ·
haha. it ended up being a necessity. I couldn't fit a 351W in my project without serious sacrifices, so I went FI on a 302 based motor. Almost through working everything out...

#7 ·
Mostly needing low-end torque. The vehicle is close to 6000lbs.

Shooting for 500fwhp and just a few lbs of boost.

I'm wanting to do a dart block build 363 if funds allow. For the time being, I've got a 302 sitting in the car with the blower on top.

#8 ·
The lunati voo doo crank is not made in usa neither is scat. The voo doo crank comes from the same factory as rpm. The cranks below come from the same factory in different cardboard boxes. The crank market has consolidated heavily in the last year.

K1
RPM
Ohio Crank
Lunati Voo Doo
Liberty
Eagle (now)

Eagle now uses the same factory and also changed from 2.100 back to 2.123 rod journal. The 1227 is just as plentiful as the 634 rod bearing. You buy any of the above cranks based on price, because they are all the same. There are small cosmetic differences between them but thats it. These cranks are machined far superior to scat. All these cranks are also internal balance, scat is 28oz and the scat "internal" will need a bunch of heavy metal installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.