Ford Mustang Forums banner

Water in exhaust tried alot of things portland or

421 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  justlikemusic 
#1 ·
89 5.0 FI stang replaced head/ intake gaskets had a little water in exhaust driving one day, didn't get hot. Had lots of water in exhaust after this. Tried replacing intake gaskets a second time no change. Waited a couple years switched motors thinking I had a crack somewhere but kept cobra intake on different motor. No change still that water in exhaust. Switched back to stock 5.0 ho intake, bypassed egr, new 1250 gaskets, super clean. Water in exhaust!! Went on perfect used correct torque pattern and retorqued after running a couple minutes and it still losing water. No water till I put on the radiator cap and it warms up. Never been over heated. I miss this car and have a 4 year old who has never ridden in it. I'm thinking about having the first motor 306 ford alumheads etc checked out at a machine shop as I don't know what else to try. Got a lot of other cars but this is killing me. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm getting quick at pulling off the intakes on this thing. I'll pull plugs tomorrow and see if any have water. Could I be hooking something up wrong? Any recommendations on a good machine shop in Portland OR to check out my longblock?? thanks corral

#2 ·
Are you losing water? I would think it's condesation, especially if you run and stop it in short patterns...I'd drill 2 holes in the lowest point in the mufflers, and weld nuts on, then use bolts to seal it. Then drain it if you need too, if it's that.....

#3 ·
Well you said it's losing water and your correct in checking the intake manifold as the first point of water to the cylinder. I had the same problem when I first upgraded my intake manifold. Everyone raved about how good Felpro 1250's were and to use silicone at the front and rear instead of the gaskets.

Well mine leaked. I had big problems with trying to get it to work. Replaced 1250's with Felpro MS93334 with the rubber style front and rear seals and I have never had a problem since. Now I know you may be confident that the work you have done is sealing properly and are looking for a solution to a different problem, but if it turns out you need to do the intake gaskets again I would highly recommend that part number.

That's as far as my technical know how extends on this though. Good luck with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.