Ford Mustang Forums banner

347 N/A Dyno Results.....POST EM

15K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  stangjumper 
#1 ·
After considering going solid roller and stepping up to afr205's This question rose.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST DYNO AND 1/4 MILE TIMES FOR HYD ROLLER 347'S. AND HAS ANYONE GOTTEN PEAK HP OVER 6500 RPMS, IF SO WHAT SPRINGS?
List cam specks unless you want them confidential...

#4 · (Edited)
Here's my dyno and all the details are in my sig.

Cam specs: 219/232 @ .050" and .611/.604 lift.

#5 ·
dyno

See there is almost 100 rwhp between the two set ups. I have yet to run mine on a dyno but did get my 1/8 mile times up to 98 mph and et down to 7.04 by adding timing and going to a 4.30 gear. Still think it should be a 6.80 car with my set up. My cam is just shy of 600 lift and is 242 248 @ 050 on a 114 lc.
my car with driver and fuel is only 2785#s
Dart says little to no improvement from my 195s to the afr 205s. So I was thinking solid roller. ive got 10.75 compression and know I could easily afford a cam in the 250-260 range @ .050

#9 ·
See there is almost 100 rwhp between the two set ups. I have yet to run mine on a dyno but did get my 1/8 mile times up to 98 mph and et down to 7.04 by adding timing and going to a 4.30 gear. Still think it should be a 6.80 car with my set up. My cam is just shy of 600 lift and is 242 248 @ 050 on a 114 lc.
my car with driver and fuel is only 2785#s
Dart says little to no improvement from my 195s to the afr 205s. So I was thinking solid roller. ive got 10.75 compression and know I could easily afford a cam in the 250-260 range @ .050
auto vs. stick............

#7 ·
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????????

So maybe the question should be (taking power to weight ratio's into account) has anyone been in the 9's in the 1/4 mile with a N/A 347 on pump gas with a hyd roller set up? at 3000#s that would be 500+rwhp...

#12 ·
342, AFR205s, Vic EFI, TFS1. I have since added different springs, better lifters, XE274 and Ti retainers, need to get back to the dyno. Feels clean to 63-6500rpms after the valvetrain upgrades.

No I don't have a timeslip, so anyone is welcome to make the 'happy dyno' claims

#16 ·
I seen a couple 331s so heres the first 333 lol

#18 ·
Here is my graph. Hydraulic roller cam 257/261 656 lift. Springs are 225/600 solid roller springs. These numbers aren't the highest it made 467rwhp thru a g force t5 and dyod on dr tires. Only reason I'm saying what tires is because some guys dyno on a radial tire or a bfg drag radial. My car lost 25rwhp on the dyno by going to a stickier mt drag radial. My tuner told me it was gonna happen but I didn't believe it till I saw it happen. The low numbers are with ported tw heads and the higher is with tw r heads. Car was a 1/2 sec faster with the r heads. Look how much I lost down low. I was really scared it was gonna slow down till it hit the track

#23 ·
AH HAAAAA

See, why isnt this common knowledge. Most of us run HR cams that would make power past 6500 but fall off due to float issues. Is running a solid roller spring a normal trick????? How bad does it beet up the HR lifters. Is it suitable for most applications?
BTW great numbers.
Cant belive sticky tires hurts the numbers that bad. After talking with some cam grinders I am making a cam change. Hope for some great results. Dart seems to think I left alot on the table with my cam choice.
Flyingjz. The new cam is 248 258 .050 having it ground on a 111 lc. Timing events are stroker specific. My current cam is way off and a blower grind on a 114 +4.

#19 ·
Sorry my motor os 10.1:1. I run it at the track on 89octane could prolly go with 87 but I've never tried it. My car is faster on 89 over 92

#22 ·
Red lines are the r heads they flow 330/280 and I'm not sure what the intake flows. It was a victor efi. I have since switched to a super victor efi but don't have dyno numbers yet

#25 ·
That cam sounds like it will work. Funny thing was we went from bfg drag radials to mt drag radials. I wasn't even running street tires and it killed that much. I thought my car was broke. My tuner asked me what I'd done and I said nothing but tires. He laughed at me. It ran the same times with 25 lost on the dyno. The solid roller springs are because of the high rpms. I shifted it at 7500. I also run linkbar lifters so they should be good.

#27 ·
He seems to think it's because the mt drag radials are sticking to the roller. He said he's seen it 20-30 times. My d bfgs where worn out so they weren't sticky at all on the roller. My tires were really sticky after the runs. Imagine ur shoes with 10 pieces of gum on the bottom. It's harder to pull each foot off the ground vs nice clean ones. Just like if u dyno ur car on slicks it gives less rwhp

#29 ·
Yea it would clear my stock hood. I ran it before I got my cowl hood. I even Had a half inch spacer and it cleared.

#35 ·
I could put a smaller intake on it but it would slow the car down at the track. I really dont care what it makes that low. It's only below 5300 for about the first 8ft at the track. Don't think I wasn't worried though when I saw that graph. Lol

#36 · (Edited)
NA 347 EFI trick flow heads with fox lake stage 2, holley systemax stage 2, 80mm maf, 75mm TB, 1 5/8 bassani LT headers with 3" x pipe and mufflers, AFM cam, AOD 3600 stall converter, car weighs 3200 with me 3000 w/o me. 1.41 60 ft, 6.92 98mph in the 1/8th, and 10.94 119mph in the 1/4mile. Before we richened it up to 12.8 AFR it made 429rwhp and 587 ftlbs with a 13.8 afr.

#38 ·
I think his is the sqiluiggelly lines. Still 479fttq isn't possible either. I'd get a new tuner if I was him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.