Ford Mustang Forums banner

Tidewater Hooters get-together, Sunday the 17th

876 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  doug97gt 
#1 ·
A couple of us have been thinking about meeting up for lunch on Sunday. I imagine that it will be Hooters. I think the Battlefield location is not as crowded as the Military Hwy. joint. Looks like the race starts at 12:30 this Sunday, so what time do you guys wanna try to get there? I don't mind getting there as it starts or even after, but it may be tough getting a big table. Let's set up a place and time and meet up. Should be nice weather as far as I know.

Mike

#4 ·
I don't really care Mike. I'll just watch and follow. Was thinking about the track tonight but weenied out.

Did you hear about the 5.0 I got? With a Cobra intake and GT40-p heads.

Ed

#5 ·
I don't really care Mike. I'll just watch and follow.
Cmon guys. How about the one at Waterside? We havent been to that one yet.

Was thinking about the track tonight but weenied out.
Im going to VMP next Friday. A couple of fbodies are going as well. Let me know if you want to head up there.

Did you hear about the 5.0 I got? With a Cobra intake and GT40-p heads.
How many cars do you need?:eek: What are your plans for this one????

#6 ·
Will somebody email me when you finalize plans?

I'm TDY @ Langley AFB and would be interested in swinging by and joining you guys @ Hooters! :)

That is, if you don't mind having all your Mustangs shown up with the 100% hard-core pimp Chrysler Caravan rental I'll be bringing! :evil:

-Patrick

#7 ·
You wanna go to Waterside Lloyd? You know we'll have to park in the garage? That's fine by me if you want. What time?

Ed, we were thinking about going to Northeast tomorrow afternoon. I got a new mod I need to test out:D I didn't know anything about the 5.0! Did you get a car, or just a motor? Damn, you can make one hulluva racer out of that. If I only had the money.

Yellowman, just keep an eye out right here. I'll make sure it's posted up clearly here. Hope to get you out and meet up with some of us. It was cool when I took a trip to FL in December and got to meet a couple fellow Corralers at the track in Orlando.

#8 ·
Mike,

I'd like to got to Northeast but I kinda have plans tomorrow evening. We'll see how it goes.

This "mod" you call it, how's it working? Play with it much?

About the 5.0, I had to play with ya a little. We bought Linda a 97 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD to replace the old Trooper. That sucker runs surprisingly strong. Gives a guy some ideas. A little shot of nitrous in that sucker and she'd be about ready to roll.

Ed

#9 ·
Cool Ed! Some heads/cam and a little shot of the good stuff will make it a REAL sleeper:evil: One question though... Is this one's fuel pump any quieter? LOL

Honestly, I haven't even tested the mod out yet. I think I will tomorrow. Should be pretty interesting:D

I'm not so sure we're going to head down to EC. Maybe next Saturday since I have duty Friday and can't make it to VMP with everyone.

#10 ·
madmike said:
Cool Ed! Some heads/cam and a little shot of the good stuff will make it a REAL sleeper:evil: One question though... Is this one's fuel pump any quieter? LOL

Honestly, I haven't even tested the mod out yet. I think I will tomorrow. Should be pretty interesting:D

I'm not so sure we're going to head down to EC. Maybe next Saturday since I have duty Friday and can't make it to VMP with everyone.
It's really been a while since we chatted hasn't it? That fuel pump in the Trooper finally crapped out. I put a Walbro 255 GSS317 I had laying around in it. It had been running like that for a couple of months with no problems. Pretty funny.

I did a little checking on Explorer we got. It's got a Cobra Intake and GT40-p Heads already on it. I'm told those are some of best Iron heads Ford ever put on a 302. It feels kinda heavy but still really pulls well. Best part is that is sounds like a V8. It just needs a set of dual Flowmasters!

Nothing big on the schedule till later this evening. Probably go wash all the cars I have now. That will probably take all day.

Ed

#11 ·
Alright, fine... I'm making the decision. Hooters Waterside at noon. I'll be parking in the garage across the road near the top looking for some room for everyone else. If that doesn't work out for someone let me know and we can adjust it.

Yellowman, you'll want to get on I-64 East toward Norfolk/Va Beach. Cross the Hampton Roads bridge/tunnel. Once you get through the bridge/tunnel you'll go about 8 miles or so and take I-264 West to downtown Norfolk. About 5 miles down the interstate will basically split. You'll go left(which is actually an exit) to Waterside Drive. I believe it will be the second light to take a right and then an immediate left into the parking garage. As you go up in the parking garage you will see a bridge that goes across to the Waterside Maketplace where the resaurant will be. I imagine that we'll be a level above where the bridge is, so just keep your eyes peeled for at least three Mustangs parked close together. We'll probably hang around in the garage until everyone gets there. My cell number is 757-403-1646 if you get lost or have any questions. Hope to meet you then!

Mike

#13 ·
I'll try and make it. :)

I'm working until 7am Sunday morning, so if I'm really tired I'll sleep instead.

Thanks for the directions, I'll have no problem finding the Hooters since it's right downstairs from Bar Norfolk. We've been hanging out at Bar on our days off. :D

Later,
-Pat

#16 ·
what time is everyone meeting? i got my stang back, running like crap, since the MAF i got is bad

#18 ·
ok see you there if i can make it

#19 ·
Sorry I couldn't make it....I was in Atlanta and Dallas this last week......

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.