Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - To LED, or it to LED. That is the question.
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Cougar5.O

Trader Feedback: (7)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickVert View Post
... The ZEVO bulbs look weird, but seem to work well. They also have a lifetime warranty (from a company you can actually contact).

I mean, you got my interest, but 17-19% 1-star ratings, most something like this:

Quote:
This is not the first set of ZEVO bulbs i have purchased, but it is the first set I have purchase online rather than in the auto parts store.

The quality of these bulbs compared to the bulbs purchased in store, make me question if these are genuine Sylvania bulbs.
The light output is not similar, the fitment of the bulb parts are loose, the plastic section appears to be of different/lesser quality material, and the give away kicker that these are not genuine bulbs IMO, is the bulbs DO NOT clock properly in the bulb socket, for proper reflection of the light output on the reflectors. This is not a mistake that a company like Sylvania makes.

These may be genuine Sylvania bulbs, and if they are, the quality has gone down considerably.
To some these are simply fancy LED bulbs, but improper output, improper clocking, and poor quality become safety concerns for the end user, regardless of their "for offroad use only" label.

I personally am disappointed in the product completely, considering the other 2 ZEVO bulbs i have installed currently (from the auto parts store) are so bright they light up a significant section of the road behind you, and the turn signal/brake function makes the light hard to miss, even in broad daylight, but these ZEVO bulbs (purchased thru amazon) are like comparing a candle to the sun its so much of a stark difference in light output.
I can't take the risk, I just can't.

'87 20th Anniversary Cougar - 428W - Cougar 7.0
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

2012 GT500

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome