Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - To LED, or it to LED. That is the question.
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 06-13-2019, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
TrickVert

Trader Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.O View Post
I've read SO many reviews of infant failure and/or poor performance that I've given up on the idea.

I had previously bought some of the name-brand bulbs at Autozone to help people see the low-down brake lights in my T-Bucket. Pffft, fail - they don't have uniform distribution of light so it depends on the lenses and internal reflectors in each particular application. You won't know until you try if a bulb, which is essentially a bunch of flashlights aimed in different directions, will work for you. And if you try to get away with cheapo no-name China units, well you get what you pay for. I'm still out. As noted above who posted while I was posting, if you know of a bulb that works in a particular application, then maybe give it a try.
The cheap-o bulbs typically do have a high failure rate. I know this from experience. Several chips will burn out, or, in the case of the panels I installed in my dome light housing, they throw back to the 70's disco era and begin flashing and flickering randomly. As you also found, some are better at light distribution than others, The ones that concentrate chips on the end don't use the reflectors, for instance, and create hot spots. The ZEVO bulbs look weird, but seem to work well. They also have a lifetime warranty (from a company you can actually contact).

'95 GT Vert - Rio Red - Grey Leather - Black Top

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome