Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1992 LX The street to track to street again build.
View Single Post
post #500 of Old 06-09-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Peter92lx
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
A bit anti-climatic, I was looking forward to that breakthrough problem, found and solved due to (insert cause), but I'm very happy for you. It's those nagging, hard to pinpoint issues that drive one bonkers. Care to hazard an educated guess on what was happening?

Jay
If I had to take a guess at it I think the problem was in the rotors or the pads. It was one of those or a combination of them both that caused the problem. I don't think pulling out the struts and torquing it all back down did anything. Everyone I asked at the autocross about the problem said either look at the rotor or the pads.

I'm just happy I'm past it now so I can move on to putting miles on the car. I'm hoping to get it out again next weekend for another drive. The plan is to adventure further away from home this time. I would like to get a couple hundred miles on the car before then end of the month. But that might be a tall order. There is also a autocross at the end of June that I wouldn't mind maybe making the practice event.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome