Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Your favorite 351 street car build or 9.5 deck.
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 06-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Cougar5.O

Trader Feedback: (7)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C.E View Post
Ive seen several 351w SBE supercharged combos, and I gotta say that's my favorite. You can run a mild cam and still make all the power that chassis can handle on the street. And they still keep that classic sbf sound.

I feel like once you go with a stroker, cam requirements make you lose that classic sbf sound. If im wrong, and someone has an example of a large stoker that idles smoothly at a low rpm and doesn't have that raspy race car sound, please share.

I'm just not a fan of street motors where you have a 427 idling at 1100 rpm... not my thing.

My custom cammed 302 idles great at 800rpm, drives almost like a stock car and sounds mean and awesome with longtubes and a pro chamber. I'll probably supercharge it and be done with it. Mine really is a pure street car for fun.
Here's my 428w as described idling at 896 RPM.

'87 20th Anniversary Cougar - 428W - Cougar 7.0
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

2012 GT500

Last edited by Cougar5.O; 06-10-2019 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Idle RPM incorrect, should have been 896, not 950 RPM

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome