Ford Mustang Forums banner

Team Z Upper Control Arm Relocation Kit

11K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Novi347 
#1 ·
What are your guys experiences with this kit? I'm already running the adjustable lower and upper arms.
My GT consistently 60s in the upper 1.5s (without a transbrake). Looking at picking one up. The videos I've seen state that these kits allow for properly relocate Instant Center.

Thanks,
Rich

#2 ·
When i installed mine i did a few other things at the same time. So dont take these numbers as gospel. I went from a 2.1xx to a 1.71 60ft after the work i did

That was going from factory rear to team z relocated uppers lowers and different tires

#3 ·
They are a copy of the baseline kit that Kevin has been making for eons.
Cannot speak to the Z, but the baseline has made my car consistent even when spinning (too much rpm off the line).
Really like working with Kevin, very helpful in choosing the right kit, and in dialing it in after purchase.
http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/
He's on this forum a bunch helping folks... KEVIN$...

#4 ·
They are a copy of the baseline kit that Kevin has been making for eons.
Cannot speak to the Z, but the baseline has made my car consistent even when spinning (too much rpm off the line).
Really like working with Kevin, very helpful in choosing the right kit, and in dialing it in after purchase.
http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/
He's on this forum a bunch helping folks... KEVIN$...
i

Ok, I'll look into those as well.

#7 ·
X2 Kevin has helped me over the years with free suspension advice and I do not use his controls arms. Its all about instant center and the specifics of that vehicle. I have learned it doesnt matter who's parts you use - relocated uppers, relocated lowers, doesn't matter. Have to get the instant center in the sweet spot for that particular application. I purchased the performance trends software and plot my car as I make adjustments. If you're not prepared to plot your own suspension, I would recommend purchasing from someone who has experience and will help you measure and set it up on your specific vehicle.

#8 ·
Another vote for Kevin, I have his setup on my car, I just installed it last week. So far so good. He answered my questions even before I bought it from him. Top notch in customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I've installed the Team Z kit and centered the rear end as well. Those bushings were fun to get out while the rear was still in the car lol. Suspension tuning is an art in itself. I'll have to look at the hardware. I weight the car last time out at the track, but don't independent wheel scales to know the exact weight ratios (front to back) per side. I've never seen the software mentioned. Still learning this part of the sport. Are those independent scales necessary or is there another way?

Thanks,
Rich

#10 ·
I have the baseline suspensions setup on my car.. I have the Street Outlaw kit which gives me 6 different IC plot points. Havent been able to get my car on the track since installing it but even on the street I notice significantly more traction during launches. The a$$ end doesnt drop like a lead brick when the power is applied like the stock geometry does. I would recommend it over the Team Z simply because you have more adjustability and TeamZ is just a copy of the Baseline kit anyway

#14 ·
As mentioned you don't require scales to calculate the instant center length. However you will require to evaluate antisquat percentage (if thats something youre interested in). FWIW once the instant center is in the ballpark I have found greater tuning benefit from a quality set of DA rear shocks than playing with anything else.

#16 ·
What are indications of having IC in the ballpark. Is it having a consistent 60ft? My home track's prep has a tendency to vary quite a bit.

#15 ·
How are you guys getting instant center are you using a Weight jacker style lower to adjust, And will a Weight jacker control arm work with the relocated uppers property. Because both companies that offer relocated uppers don’t offer a Weight jacker style lower arm

#17 ·
You change Instant center with an adjustment to either the upper control arm mounting point, either at the body or at the rear differential, or by changing the rear lower control arm mounting point at the differential. Changing the angles of the control arm mounting point changes the instant center. Also changing the front and rear ride heights can also change instant center as it changes the angles of the control arms in the rear of the car. If you drew an imaginary line through the control arms, the point that that line from the upper control arm intercepts the lower control arm would be your instant center point. Here is an instant center calculator courtesy of Baseline Suspensions.

https://www.baselinesuspensions.com/instant-center.php

#20 ·
I've been to his site before. Definitely tons of info.

#21 ·
Finally made it to the track. My 60ft times ranged from 1.5-1.6. Track prep isn't the greatest. A video of one pass showed that there is tire spin. Thinking it may be a good time to switch from the MT ET Streets to ET cetera Drags. Best ET that day was 10.6 @127 with the DA at 3500ft. Now I'm itching to get this car into the 9's. The next mod I have planned is swapping out my ported Cobra Intake over to a ported System Max II.

Didn't get many good videos. But here are two.

That's my son in the right lane taking his first pass in the 92 coupe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.