Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Holley Terminator or Sniper Setups on NA 347 / 363's
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 08-10-2018, 10:55 AM
tjm73

Trader Feedback: (1)
On a 500 hp 408 Chrysler...... Hot Rod saw a 3 hp difference (loss). 500 versus 503 at the crank. Overall the change was an average loss of just over a single foot-pound and just under 2 hp. But with notable gains in the mid-range. I Excelled the dyno report to get those numbers. I also found the average percentage change was roughly -0.3%. WAY within any margin of testing error used in the industry. I'd say it was a wash. But it probably starts better and runs better and cleaner with the EFI. At this small variance I'd say it boils down to personal preference.

Personally I would not fret losing 3 hp at 5800 rpm and I would welcome the 10-15 ft-lb gains at 3500-4000 rpm. I would use those lower rpm gains much more often than the top end gain. In a racing situation the differences would be erased by driver ability and car setup and weather factors and a host of other variables.

Do you want to tinker with jetting or do you want to turn the key and drive? Are you racing at a highly competitive level? or just for fun? Those are rhetorical, BTW.

I'd also be interested in actual first hand results from the Ford world.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome