Ford Mustang Forums banner

Another Vid and Still of the Old Guy in the 99 Vert

687 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Joe Lynch 
#1 ·
My wife got the one pass on tape from Penwell Saturday night. Here is the still and the video.

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen0308.jpg

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen0308.mpg (7 megs)

At 11.40pm, we recorded conditions of 25.1 in Hg station pressure, 49F, 30% humidity, for a density altitude of 5330 feet.

I was running pig rich (around 11.0:1) with low bottle pressure from an hour in the staging lanes and low battery so no bottle heater, so I wasn't really disappointed with the 11.93.

I launched at 6000, I think, and nearly bogged it. The roll bar stiffened up the chassis a bunch. I really like it, even with the weight addition.

The roll bar didn't hurt much, LOL

Joe

#3 ·
I bought a Chassis Engineering kit, which is really a main hoop bent to fit the Mustang and some random length pieces and plates. I got it in chromemoly so it had to be TIG welded. The Mustang is so tight that I suppose that is why no one makes a bolt in kit for a convertible. I finally found a guy to do the work and it looks great. Pics later this week.

I was running pig rich on the run that I taped, about 11:1, so I wasn't too concerned about the time. The car will normally run 11.6x at this strip with a little better air and running much leaner.

Joe

#4 ·
Joe,

You have a stock tranny..yes? Do you power shift 2nd and/or 3rd? What clutch, flywheel, and bell housing are you running? Keep sending those videos! I find them hard no to watch. Looks like the car jumped right on you toward the end of that run...Yes?

Vito

P.S. Soon Kevin...soon.

#6 ·
Ivan--I'll respond later today to the e-mail. Nitrous kit is a NX wet kit, Stage 1 EFI Ford with the Gen 2 accessories. Works great.

Joe

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.