Ford Mustang Forums banner

Use reman. calipers as brake upgrade?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BOBBYA312 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm currently looking at the 13" cobra brake upgrade for my '96 GT, and was thinking... Why not just get some remanufactured auto-parts brand calipers made for a cobra and piece together my own kit? 13" vented duralast rotors and some MM SS lines and I should be set, right?

Loaded Single Calipe/Brake Caliper Loaded Single - Front (RC10604) | 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra 8 Cylinders V 4.6L SFI | AutoZone.com

Obviously, the included pads would be no good for track work, but for DD duty they should get the job done.

#8 ·
Unless you can find some good used caliper brackets, new ones will probably cost more than you are paying for the reman calipers. When you checked at you local store what did they tell you about availability of calipers with brackets? None available locally or nationwide? The problem is probably lack of brackets. If you can't find what you are looking for,I still have the set I offered you in your classified add and also have a new set of Cobra calipers for sale. Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.