Ford Mustang Forums banner

On3 42lbs injectors

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  g3mustang 
#1 ·
I was on one of the tuning boards and a well known tuner was having issues with a car equipped with On3's 42lbs.. He claims that the 42lbs injectors were Chinese knock offs... WTF.. I thought the on3 42 were bosch??

#4 ·
I've got issues with them as well. I had to remap the crap out of my MAF transfer at low flow values (between .5 and 1.5V) in the tune, and I know it's the injectors since I tried my stock MAF and I had to do the same thing to the transfer curve to make the AFR's work out.

The did have a Bosch part number on them, but I suspect they're not quite what they claim to be.

#6 ·
Let's go ahead and clear this up right now, Jesus another tuner blaming parts instead tuning correctly or finding mechanical issue's the car might or might not have.

Pay VERY close attention to this video, and then examine what you have in your car. The Bosch 42lb Injectors That On3 Performance Offer Are Not Knock Off's As Of Current!!

Chris@PAS,Inc.

#8 · (Edited)
Idk for sure, but I'm guessing this is what slosvo is referring to:

Need Help setting up 42 lb injectors - HP Tuners Bulletin Board

Interestingly enough, this is the same exact problem I'm experiencing.

Edit: Just found this page for "Bosch type" injectors from Zhejiang China.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/374385937/fuel_injection_0280_150_558_for.html
Again, interesting that these are EXACTLY what my injectors look like. Not like these authentic Bosch 42lb injectors
http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=101

#10 ·
Again, interesting that these are EXACTLY what my injectors look like. Not like these authentic Bosch 42lb injectors
New Mustang Fuel Injector Sets - 42Lb Bosch Injector Set - Fuel Injector Connection
Yeah, though's are the older style Bosch 42lb "Green Tops" Ford Racing, I am assuming you have had your On3 Performance kit for some time now? reason I ask is they used to offer toughs injectors, before they where discontinued a couple years back. I would imagine some vendor's out there may still have stock of them, we have not sold this style injector for two years, now we have the Replacement Bosch 42lb

New: <Bosch 42 LB High Impedance Fuel Injectors EV1 (8)< - <Fuel Injectors<

Old: Ford Racing EV1 Style High Flow Fuel Injectors-42 lb (86-95 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Discontinued

Idk for sure, but I'm guessing this is what slosvo is referring to:

Need Help setting up 42 lb injectors - HP Tuners Bulletin Board

Interestingly enough, this is the same exact problem I'm experiencing.
Most likely a calibration issue, the newer Bosch 42lb injector's data is a little different then the older value files, I build my own data for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.