Ford Mustang Forums banner

going to install MM TA this week..have a unusual Q

695 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  2k2GT 
#1 ·
Finally going to put my MM TA into my car. my question is not how to install that as there is so much on the interwebs to answer any of my questions, i have another Q

I have UMI adjustable LCA. My motor is a 2.3T that i just put a 95 Trans/bell behind and my DS doesnt have much room left for play

Wondering if i , before welding my TA X member in could stretch my wheel base out back and inch to gain back lost room for DS..if its a horrible idea then i can get my shaft cutdown but wondering if there was any benefits for it then i would consider it
rest of setup looks like this if it helps

4cly k-member, 99 arms, 95 knuckles all cobra brakes around,

UMI LCA, MM PH, MM CO w/ bisteins , sn95 width axles out back

thanks
matt

#2 ·
All signs point to "yes you can". Locate the rear end under the car where you want it, remove springs, move axle up-down-left-right(ha!, old Super-Mario cheat code) then check for clearance issues....like the spare tire well.

This is especially true if you're gonna run a girdled diff. cover.

The x-member in the MM kit basically just ends up where the end of the bushing is on the nose of the arm. Once you find that, burn the tabs in to the subconn's then bolt your MM x member up.

You will be out handling Ferrari's in no time! ;)

#5 ·
You'd have to modify the upper shock mounts too, you said you have coilovers in the rear, the mount would need to be modified to accept the shock at the new angle. Even if you're using the stock type rubber or poly bushings, I'm sure all that weight coming in to a hole meant to mount the shock straight up would cause some issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.