Ford Mustang Forums banner

On3 kit: Which air filter are you running?

15K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  tthomp 
#1 ·
Cant find anything locally thatll fit, running the 70mm mp turbo, guessing people run the hks import turbo filters or what, if you have any pics/links it would be appreciated

#13 ·
I had a problem with the Spectre filters falling apart. The metal flange would seperate from the rubber body and the filter end would fall off with the filter flange still clamped to the turbo. I did a little research and found a K&N that would fit. I lost the box but these are the numbers on the body of the filter:

F040A6
B044B6

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.usURL

#15 ·
How much for the sn95 filter elbow??? I would like to put a bigger filter in the fender well instead of the little spectra shorty.

#16 ·
We had 3 different filters made for the turbo applications we sell. We have a reusable/washable cloth element filter and a new stainless mesh option like you see above.

This is a nice filter for the sn cars, its a little smaller but the filter room is more limited on those cars unless you have our cold air setup to go into the inner fender

Random shot of the filter setup I made for my 4v and the new stainless element filter

#17 ·
What does the cold air filter setup cost$$$$ for sn95 cars??? Thaks.

#18 ·
I use K&N filters, if you need a custom filter made so you can get the biggest filter to fit in the area you have you can have K&N filters make you one with their custom filter program. It will cost you more money but with the bigger filter think of all the extra power you can make and no need to remove it for the track. It will cost about 1/3rd more but it is worth it over the cost to repairing a turbo ($600.00 repair) you ran with out the filter because it did not flow enough!!! *********

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.